Chapter 54 Harlow

The girls were acting so suspicious as they took me out to the tailors. There was a family in the pack who had created the dress for every Luna since the pack began, the tradition being passed down from mother to daughter for generations. They were amazingly sweet people who knew exactly what they were doing. They had this tradition of incorporating a piece from the former Luna's dress into the incoming Luna's dress, which I thought was super amazing. For my dress, it would be some of the lace from Clementine's gown.

The tailor's house was all the way on the other side of the pack, closer to the open air market than the packhouse. They had a boutique inside the market that took up several vendor spots where they sold adorable handmade clothing and dresses. We walked across the pack territory to reach her house and Annie knocked on the door. The mother and daughter pair answered on the first knock with huge grins.

Rose, the middle aged mother, and Rebekah, the teenage daughter, looked exactly the same with their warm brown eyes, kind smiles, and soft brunette waves.

"Welcome, welcome!" Rose waved us inside.

We weaved through her small cottage to the back of her house where her workshop was. She ushered me back to the small dressing room and helped me into the finished gown. She picked up the long train and guided me back towards the center of the room. I hopped up on the pedestal and stared at myself in the three sided mirror.

It was an A-line dress with a long, cathedral train. The corset top had a plunging sweetheart neckline and was wrapped in lace from Clementine's gown that had been dyed a light champagne color. There was a satin ribbon in the same champagne color wrapping around my waist, pulling me in and making me look much thinner than I actually was. The bottom was a gorgeous champagne with a glittery gold tulle overlay. It made me shimmer like the sun whenever I moved and complimented the honey color of my hair perfectly.

"Oh, Harlie, you look amazing." Callie gasped.

"Stunning." Kori dabbed at her teary eyes.

"We literally have the most beautiful Luna ever." Matti squealed.

"My brothers are lucky as hell!" Nova cheered, making us all laugh and breaking up the serious mood.

"For real, Nova, we have the perfect sister!" Sammy laughed.

"You all are too much. Really, it does look amazing, though. Rose, Bekah, you two did an amazing job!" I smiled brilliantly at them.

"Group hug!" Annie declared and I was attacked by my girls.

"Careful! Don't mess with the dress." Rose warned us and we were all laughing again.

"Wrap it up, Rose!" Nova said, making a swirling motion with her finger.

After carefully removing myself from the perfect gown, Rose placed it into a garment bag and Waylon carried it for us back across the packgrounds.

"Aren't you all coming up?" I asked, my eyes pinching together as I stepped into the elevator with just Waylon and my gown.

"No, we have stuff to do for tomorrow. We'll see you in a bit." Annie shrugged but they all had stupid grins on their faces.

"What is going on?" I held the elevator doors open and looked skeptically at the girls.

"Oh nothing." Matti sang, grabbing Annie's arm and walking away.

"Bye, sis!" Nova and Sammy linked arms before skipping away. Callie just shrugged and left while Kori waved before disappearing.

"You all are super suss right now." I said to Waylon who had the same dumb smirk.

When we reached the top floor, Waylon hung my dress up on the back of a door in the living room and plopped down on the sofa. He motioned for me to go into the bedroom wing.