Chapter 10

A/N: Updates will be later than usual. I'm doing school so... Anyways!!😅

-Anotoinette's Pov-

-Anotoinette's Pov-

"Stop!" Alice spoke up

"Stop!" Alice spoke up. "I didn't see them..." They all stopped. Jasper was immediately at my side. The family instantly gathered at home plate. Angel and Sebastian ran to me. "They're traveling so quickly," Alice continued. "You said they left the county," Rosalie reminded her.

"They did, but then they heard us...," Alice said as she looked at Edward. "And changed their minds." "Put your hair down," Jasper asked as I pulled my hair out of my ponytail. "They?" I asked, looking at the woods. "The vampires who killed Waylon?' "Right," Emmett confirmed.

"Jasper, cover my scent with yours," I asked. "They might still catch it," Rosalie reminded me. "At least we can try it," I added. "I shouldn't have brought you here," Jasper apologized. "I'm so sorry." "It's not your fault," I shook my head. "What can I do to help?"

"Don't say anything," Jasper asked as they all turned to the edge of the forest. Angel and Sebastian hid behind us, in a protective position. I pulled my oxygen tank out of view. Kinda. There's a faint rustle as three vampires emerged. As they were near, I could see their bare feet, then the deep burgundy of their eyes.

One of the guys had Waylon's jacket. The guy in the middle held up the baseball. "I believe this belongs to you," he spoke up as he tossed the ball to Carlisle, who easily catches it and smiles politely. "Thank you," Carlisle said. "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us," Carlisle said.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed," Laurent said. "Yes, we maintain a permanent residence," Carlisle replied. The three newcomers exchanged a look of surprise. "Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore," Dreads answered.

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east," the redhead spoke up. "You should be safe." "Would you like three more players?" The guy asked. "Of course," Carlisle replied. "I'm Laurent," The guy introduced themselves. "This is Victoria. And James."

"I'm the one with the wicked curve ball," Victoria said. "We'll see about that," Jasper smirked. "Shall we begin?" Esme asked as we all turned to move. That's when the wind blew through Bella's and my hair as James turned to us. Sebastian and Angel hissed at him.