Close Encounter: Part 1

After Näkaynì had come back from a quick ride with Äzaa, she headed back to the family pod to see what everyone was up to. 

She was met with Lo'ak, Kiri, Tuk, and Spider as they had just gotten back from the lab. 

"Where's mom, dad, and Neteyam?" Näkaynì asked as she entered the pod.

Lo'ak replied, "They went out on patrol, said they would be back a bit later."

Näkaynì faltered for a minute, they had gone on patrol without her? Could this have something to do with her vision?

"Are you okay?" Kiri asked as she stepped towards her sister, noticing her confused look.

"Yeah, yeah I'm all good, just tired." She replied, not wanting to worry her siblings. 

"We were planning on going for a walk." Lo'ak told his sister.

"Where to?" Näkaynì inquired, wanting to make sure they stayed nearby.

"Just around the village, were not going to leave the safe zone." Lo'ak reassured her, yet as she looked around at her other siblings and Spider, none of them could meet her gaze.

"I don't think it's the best idea to be out and about right now." She said wearily.

She would offer to go with them, but she was truly exhausted.

"Come on sister please, it's so boring just staying here." Lo'ak complained. "We are not even going to be that long, we will be back before eclipse." He continued.

"Lo'ak, I don't know." Näkaynì replied, still not fond of the idea of them being out, especially after her vision. 

"Mom said we could explore as long as we stayed close." Tuk now added. 

Näkaynì turned her attention towards her younger sister.

She hesitated before she spoke, "Fine, but I want you all back before it even gets close to eclipse, no later." She gave in, not wanting to argue. 

She saw her siblings faces light up with a somewhat mischievous glint. 

"Thank you, we will be back shortly." Lo'ak was surprised his sister was actually letting them go. 

However, Näkaynì wasn't stupid, she knew something was up. They weren't telling the whole truth to their plans.

As they walked off into the distance, Näkaynì was quick to follow a ways behind, keeping an eye on her siblings from afar, strapped with her bow and arrow in case anything were to happen.

Because that's who she was, a protector. 

As she followed her siblings, an eerie feeling crept throughout her entire body sending a chill up her spine. 

She quickly realized that the mischievous part of their plan was that they were never going to stay inside the safe zone, but instead they were headed to a part of the forest that was strictly forbidden-- the shack.

The place where a monumental battle had occurred between her father and someone from the RDA. 

She decided not to get onto them yet as they seemed to realize the mistake they had made as they made comments about heading back.

That was until Lo'ak noticed something on the forest floor.

"What is it?" Kiri inquired.

It was a footprint.

"Way too big for a human." Spider commented. "Avatars?" He added.

At this, Näkaynì felt the eerie feeling return, this time with more intensity than before. She decided that it was time to catch up with her siblings and ensure that they made it home safely.