IV

~~~~Soma~~~~

The sun was setting at the end of the day at Totsuki Academy. Hikari and I were hiking up the hill trying to find our assigned dormitory, Kyokusei dorms. But, we were having a little bit of trouble finding it.

"Kyokusei dormitory." I read off the paper, "Where the heck is this place? The sun's going down."

"Maybe if you would let me look at the map, we wouldn't be lost now would we?" Hikari said in spite.

"And maybe if you didn't stop for that espresso from the other culinary classes, we would have been lost while there was still light outside."

"That doesn't exactly help your case, big brother."

We looked around at the other dorms, and let's just say that they looked more like palaces than regular dorms. One looked like a white mansion, while another looked like a traditional Japanese Palace.

"Geez, do these rich kids really need palaces to stay in? And I thought that they couldn't get any snobbier." Hikari grumbled.

"Yeah, I wonder what they could all be for?" I wondered aloud, "Maybe our dorm will be a fancy schmancy, too."

"I really hope not." Hikari grumbled, "I don't I can handle being stuck in a dorm with a whole bunch of snobby rich kids."

"Don't worry, I think you'll be just fine. You're pretty hard to hate, Hikari."

"You're just saying that because you're my big brother."

"Exactly." I smiled, "Because I'm your twin brother, I know you better than anyone else in the world. So my word about you is the truth."

We kept walking and walking until we finally reached where we would be staying, and the only way we knew that this was our dorm, was because of the ratty old sign outside.

It was a large mansion, but it looked a little worn down. Ivy and vines were growing on the sides of the building, the fence and gates were rusty and old, and even crows were screeching about in the air. I thought that it was straight out of a nightmare. My sister on the other hand....

"This place looks awesome!" Hikari exclaimed, "It looks just like the mansion in my favorite horror film!"

"I thought you would've grown out of that horror movie lover phase." I deadpanned.

"You can never grow out of a horror movie lover phase, Soma! Now let's go inside."

She grabbed my hand and raced to the large front doors to enter. We opened the doors and walked inside the large mansion, standing near the entrance and looking around. All of a sudden, a door exploded open with a massive amount of smoke pouring out of it, followed by a loud crash that shook the entire mansion.

"An earthquake?" Soma wondered.

Hikari took a deep breath in through her nose and shrugged her shoulders.

"No, I think someone's smoking beef upstairs." Hikari sniffed again, "And I'm also smelling rabbits, ducks and deer."

Just then, running from the other side of the entrance was a red haired girl chasing a crowd of wild animals.

"Usako! Kamosuke! Shikanoshin! Stop! Stop running, please!" She shouted chasing after the animals.

"Hey! Room no. 116!" A voice shouted from above us, "You cannot bring wild game into the dorms! If you do that again I will skin you alive I swear! Oh, and room no. 208, you turned an empty room into a smoker room again, didn't you? Oh, how about I hang you outside and smoke you! How would you like that?! And you, room no. 205, if you've trashed your room again I'll gut you and feed you to the hogs!"