CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS (ROSEANNE)

REPORTER: You have a new song called Champagne Problems

ROSEANNE: Yes

REPORTER: Could you tell us what the song is about?

ROSEANNE: It was about a longtime college sweetheart that had very different plans for the same night, one to end it and one who brought a ring.

REPORTER: Can we assume that this song is based on your personal experience?

ROSEANNE: Yes, chuckles

ROSEANNE: The song draws inspiration from a personal experience. It was meant to be a joyous evening, filled with smiles and the support of our loved ones. We had sparkling eyes and were eagerly looking forward to many more years of happiness together. However, all those dreams and hopes shattered when one person had entirely different plans..

-------

FLASHBACKS; 10 years ago.

ROSEANNE

Ever since I was a kid I've been looking for someone to be by my side. Not because they had to, but because they wanted to. Life has taught me that people often leave. Friends, family, even my own father...

At some point, his departure brought me relief. I felt a sense of liberation, knowing that I would no longer endure the emotional abuse, constant fighting, substance abuse, infidelity, and the tumultuous rollercoaster he put my mother through and even to me.

During my high school years, I met someone named Jaehyun who promised to never hurt me. He vowed to protect me from the pain my father had caused. But I soon discovered that he wasn't worth it. I had encountered scarier monsters, weathered more violent storms, and walked through bloodier thorns. Nothing compared to the agony I felt when he revealed his betrayal. How could someone who claimed to love me betray me in such a way??

He cheated on me and inflicted both physical and emotional pain. He uttered words that no woman should ever hear. He claimed that no one would ever stay and love me because I was difficult to love.

So I made a decision to never fall in love again, even though my heart yearned for it more than anything else.

Until one fateful day, on my first day of college, I noticed you from a distance. Your eyes locked onto mine, and your beautiful smile had the power to melt any woman's heart in an instant.

You looked at me as if I were the most exquisite woman in the world.

"Hi, I'm Lalisa Manoban," you introduced yourself to me.

I was still in the process of healing, building walls, and recovering from the past. And then you suddenly appeared, showering me with attention that I never believed I deserved. You gave me a reason to laugh when I couldn't even muster a smile. You made me feel like my old, happy self once again, and that terrified me every time.