Chapter 2 - Jason is very Confused (Can someone help him please?)

School just got a lot more difficult.

Suffering through school was already hard enough, but with aliens added to the mix? Practically impossible. Everyone was distracted by the newcomers, particularly Isobel. Everyone was paying her attention, rather than focusing in class. Not that Jason could blame them, since he did a fair bit of staring himself. Isobel was either very oblivious or very innocent to the stares she received from the male population of the school. After an exhausting day of dodging glares from Juliet who was mad at him for an unknown reason and pondering why their otherworldly friends had decided to pop in all of a sudden, school finally let out and the Earthlings cornered the Triforcians outside the school gates.

'So, spill the beans.' Jason said, 'Why are you suddenly back on Earth? I thought you needed to stay in Triforce to help rebuild.' Isobel's eyes narrowed as she shifted her gaze from the redhead to the three other Earthlings standing behind him. Kevin and Brandon were busy making goo goo eyes at Isobel to help and Juliet was still glaring at Jason.

Isobel sighed and said, 'Y'know, lets take this to your house.' Jason started 'Wait a min-' 'Not now, Jason.' Ryan interrupted, 'Isobel's right. This isn't a conversation to be held in the streets. Let's go to your house. Then we will explain.' Jason looked towards Dabi and Dana for help, but they both nodded in agreement. 'Yeah Jason, let's talk in your house.' Dabi said. Dana echoed her brother's sentiments and Jason found himself reluctantly agreeing to discuss the matter further when they were safely inside the walls of Jason's home.

Once safely ensconced within Jason's room, Jason burst out, 'Okay, we're here. Now spill, why are you all suddenly back on Earth? I thought you would've stayed in Triforce to help rebuild!' 'It would have been the case had... special circumstances not demanded our visit. I believe Isobel would be more versed in this subject. Isobel?' Isobel tilted her bag sideways to allow the Mecardimals to drive out. Jason mentally counted the number of tiny cars that spilled out. "One, two, three..." 'Wha- are all of the Mecardimals here? Even Mega Dragon, Mega Spider and Mega Teryx? Why?' Isobel cut into his tirade. 'I think it would be prudent for Logan to be present for this conversation as well.' It didn't take long for Jason to call Logan's house and for him to join the group.

'Let me explain the situation. After you left Triforce, the two nations agreed to further discuss ties between them. In one of the various meetings, the diplomats from Red Hall brought up how Mecardimals could be used to help us rebuild our cities. As you all know, Blue Land was vehemently against using Mecardimals in any capacity before Black Mirror fell. However, the battle forced them to acknowledge the potential of the Mecardimals. They demanded that Ryan and I, being the two who fought against Black Mirror, to demonstrate the power of the Mecardimals, and more importantly, if we could control them.' Jason looked ready to protest the Mecardimals deserved to be treated equally, but one acerbic look from Isobel silenced him. 'We prepare to battle in Red Hall's arena, but for some reason, the Mecardimals failed to transform. And in that is the crux of the matter.'

'Much of Blue Land's technology was developed by my father before he got absorbed into my necklace. However, since the Mecardimals failed transformation, that technology has begun to falter as well. Our city heavily reliant on its technology, and will be throw into complete disarray if one day, the machines stop working entirely. Hospitals, dams, even the Palace is dependent on our tech. It can truly be deadly if the worst is to come. If the dams ever stop functioning, thousands of tons of water will rush to the city, drowning Blue Land and its people in a watery grave. However, with my father imprisoned inside my necklace, the help he can provide is limited. Many of the reparation procedures are delicate and Blue Land's engineers and scientists are a long way from my father's level. In addition, there are many problems that even my father can't understand and as a result can't solve.'

'As the second prince of Red Hall, I am let in on more secrets that the average citizen. Because of that, I know Red Hall is built upon a network of underground lava veins that produced poisonous gas. Long ago, my ancestors built some sort of system to suppress the lava from ever breaking through the surface. After the Mecardimals incident, many civilians have reported cracks in the ground, with spouts of steam leaking through them. Our healers have been working overtime to keep up with the patients flooding in from across the nation, but there is no cure for the gas. Although its not immediately lethal, even a few minutes of inhaling the smoke can result in long term lung, heart and limb problems. My ancestors only left an orb that glows red when the system is in danger of collapse, and no information on how to repair or reconstruct the system. At this rate, Red Hall will either be melted alive under lava, or become extinct with so many dropping dead every day.'

'Dana and I live on a remote island, far away from both Blue Land and Red Hall. We're cut off from any other civilisation and it was because of pure luck we were visiting Ryan and Isobel when the Mecardimal incident occurred. Our island has gradually started sinking, according to our parents. It started slowly but it's quickly picking up the pace. The water has already swallowed up our beaches and about half of our forests. The villagers have all moved to the village centre. Since there aren't any nearby islands, we can't evacuate anywhere and since the technology from Blue Land is malfunctioning, it isn't safe for the villagers to use the boats, lest they risk getting lost at sea and drowning. We've been using a phone to connect our parents, but the line was super unstable and was cut off completely before we came to Earth'

'Now you see why we came back.' Isobel had a somber look on her face. 'Our cites are facing great perils, capable of completely wiping the entire known population of Triforce off the map. We came back in a last ditch attempt to save our world before we lose it forever. So, Jason, will you help us once again?'

Author's Note

As you may have seen, I've made some major adjustments to my writing style and formatting since I last updated. I'm also aiming to make my chapters longer so you can enjoy more. Sorry for the long wait~
Lady Estelle Midnight