Chapter Eight: Working it Out

The next morning I woke up to find Teddy all over my side of the bed as per usual. His arm was draped over my chest, and he was snoring loudly. I smirked as I traced my hand across his chest and down his stomach. He groaned, grabbing my hand as his eyes flickered wide open.

"Don't," he muttered as he turned on his side. "I don't want you touching me, Colin."

I scoffed as I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into my chest. He rolled up out bed, throwing the covers back on me. I sucked my teeth. I thought maybe he'd get over this whole divorce thing by today. But it appeared he was still considering it.

"Teddy, talk to me," I sighed as I stood up from the bed, forgetting that I had gone to bed completely nude. Teddy made a sound of disapproval as he grabbed a shirt and a pair of jeans out of his suitcase.

"Teddy please," I begged. "Please listen to me. I love you. I am in love with you still. Why won't you believe me?"

Teddy rolled his eyes, not wanting to hear anymore. "Your still asking that question after that confessional letter? I think I made it completely clear yesterday."

"That's not fair, Teddy. I forgave you when you slept with Corinna," I retorted as Teddy pulled his jeans up to his waist. He glanced at me, shaking his head.

"I forgave you after you slept with Ricardo and even when you blatantly lied about it," he argued as he slid his arms into his button down. "And you lied to my face about it a million times."

"Yes and I apologized for that," I said resting my hands on his shoulder. I buttoned his shirt up for him as his eyes flickered down to my chest for a moment.

"Staying here with my father has opened my eyes to a lot of things, Teddy," I continued. "I'm telling you, I have changed. I am not the same person who cut your clothes up three weeks ago. Working with my dad has changed my perspective on a lot of things especially our marriage. Teddy, I want us to grow old together, and to maybe even have a family."

Teddy raised an eyebrow as he traced his fingers across his chin. "You want a family?"

His eyes followed mine, as I nodded without hesitation. "Yes, Teddy. Maybe even a kid of my own. Not just that either. I want to go back to school. I want to get a degree. I want to help take care of your son or daughter. I want us. I'm willing to do anything for that."

Teddy sat down on top of the bed, obviously considering everything I said. This was a start. At least he wasn't in a hurry to run away from me anymore. I think we might be making - I dare say - progress. I sat down beside him, taking my hand in his and squeezing it.

"So no more lying?" Teddy asked sharply. "And no more of your silly games?"

I nodded. "No more lies, Teddy. I promise, and I want you to promise something too?"

He scoffed, holding back a laugh. "I won't be sleeping with any woman ever again. You can count on that."