part 1

It's an Overcast gloomy skies with rain pouring down and pelting the masses , it was a good idea to bring an umbrella to work today. Walking the streets is hellish, people constantly bumping you and being shoulder to shoulder with random people. The city reeked and was suffocating.

The bell hanging above the entrance rings as I enter my favorite bakery.

"Hey mate! The usual" says the man behind the counter "please" I responded as he gets me my favorite.  I'm in here almost every day and I never got this guy's name or gave him mine but he knows my face and my favorite snacks "here ya go buddy" he says handing me a bag with a cherry fritter inside

"thanks" I say and our hands briefly touch and his face is dusted in a pink "it's Axel by the way" I say as I walk out leaving a napkin with my number on it

"MINES FLINT" I hear him shout and smile to myself, wondering how many times he's dropped hints or if he just started feeling for me. Oh well better hurry don't want the narcissist to chew me out today

I hurry along into a large building and the nice old lady at the front desk gives me a smile and waves "good morning dear" she says to me looking through her super thick glasses "good morning Linda" I wave back and as I pass and hear a stomach growl and look back to see her clutching her stomach "shouldn't have skipped breakfast" I hear her curse to herself and looking at the bag (fuck it what's one treat In the face of a long future) I think as I leave the bag at her desk and tap it before heading to the elevator. Didn't see her take the bag but I heard it crumple before the doors closed. To my dismay once the door opens I'm greeted with Mrs blowhard herself already tapping her foot furiously as she glares at me

"you're late!" She screeches.( By two minutes you Karen )"we don't pay you to be late! Now take these papers and get to work damnit!" She storms off after shoving a stack of papers in my hands. I make it to my desk and look at the paper on the top. Great she did it again, always dumping her work on other people. I curse in my mind as I just have to grit my teeth and do it. I. Half way done with the papers and it's only been twenty minutes. I'm impressed with myself I think with a small grin on my face "Addams!" Shouts the nails on chalkboard voice behind me "yes Mrs Sandoval?" I ask pushing up my glasses looking back at her "why aren't these papers done yet! And you're work is falling behind!" She screeches "I'm sorry ma'am. There's a lot of paperwork-" I try to explain "don't give me you're excuses! You're so lazy Addams! You must not want to work here with this attitude of yours! You are the worst performing slacker we got!" She screams "I'm sorry ma'am-" "what are you doing chit chatting get to work or you're fired!" She shouts dropping more papers at my desk and knocking over my pens.

*Sigh* just grit your teeth Axel and it will be fine. I think before getting to work. More and more papers are piled on my desk by Sandoval and my coworkers. They started when I tried to complain to higher ups about Sandoval but her dad's one of the share holders in this company so It was shut down and after that my jobs been threatened every day and I can't quit because theirs no other readily available jobs nearby. But eversince she figured out she could push me around she would always push her work on me it made her look good and hard working then her lackeys started too. So now In the eyes of the corporation I have the lowest performance while all the others are flying. "Addams!" Shouts Becky Sandoval again. "Get your shit done! It makes the company look bad!" She barks at me as the towers of papers have been piled on my desk "and clean up your area! You're not allowed to leave until it's all done." She sneers. I only nods at her before she storms off again. A few hours later the sun has been down for about an hour or two and I still have a small amount of papers to do all the others have left.