Five.

I spun around to reveal the boy from the shop who showed me his cuts. "You." I frowned.

"Hi to you too." he smirked, showing small dimples on his cheeks.

"Sorry. Hi." I bit my lip.

"I was walking past on my way home and saw you go into the park." The boy explained. "I just wanted to talk to you properly. I've never met anyone who, you know, cuts."

"Me neither." I said softly.

Slowly, he lifted his sleeves down. "No one else knows about this. Just you. So I won't tell if you don't."

I nodded and winced as I rolled my sleeves down. "Woah..." he gasped. The boy got his thumb and carefully rubbed it down the side of my arm, away from the cuts. "These are bad... Why? What's happened in your life?" he muttered, seeming shocked.

"I... I don't have any family... Except my brother, Reece. I'm alone. Reece is too over-protective, and he is always on my case. I've been bullied all my life and I'm just not good enough. My parents put me and Reece into care when we were young." I stammered, suddenly realising what I had said. "Sorry for opening up too much."

"It's fine. It's good to get it out of your system. And I like listening." he shrugged."I'm Devin by the way." he came and sat next to me on the bench.

"I'm Meredith." I said quickly.

"Cool name." Devin smiled.

"I hate it." I admitted.

"Why? It's unusual." He pouted.

I shrugged. "I've told you a lot about me. It's your turn."

Now it was his time to become shy and quiet. "I...I..." Devin looked at the ground. "There's nothing to know. I'm just a weird, anti-social, emo. I've also been bullied my entire life, but it doesn't matter."

"Well, at least I know something." I smiled for the first time in a long time.

"This is going to sound weird, but we've opened up so much that it doesn't matter what you know about me. Basically, I want to keep in touch with you. We don't have to talk face-to-face, because if you're anything like me, you hate talking to people. But can I have your phone number?

I just need to know that someone like me is out there, and ready to talk if we needed to." Devin sighed. "You'll say no, everyone else would. I don't blame you. I'm a freak and I forced you to tell me stuff about your past. Sorry, I'm a dick." he stood up, and I was unable to say anything.

"I won't bother you again..." Devin walked across the park, and I was unable to talk.

"Devin... Wait..." I called, but it was too late. He genuinely wanted to talk to me.