VERA KAPLAN's mechanics in RESIDENT EVIL 2!

( game headcanons only
that i wrote for fun and
to develop vera's skills.
not gravedigger canon )

not     gravedigger     canon )

🛠 you will meet vera both as leon and claire, her primary location is the police station

🛠 you will meet vera both as leon and claire, her primary location is the police station. regardless of a and b route for each character, your introduction to her is in the graveyard area; the difference is, in the b route, she is burying her father, marvin branagh.

🛠 vera is your tutorial guide for the game, she will explain whatever you want to know, will watch you through the security cameras from the toughbook, and help you through the walkie-talkie she gives you by alerting for the enemies nearby until the unicorn medallion is obtained. she has different dialogue options for leon and claire.

🛠 when you set out for the maiden medallion, she will join you in your exploration with her own objectives: record the events and gather evidence about what's happening in raccoon city. you will have to pick up film rolls and batteries for her to keep going. as a bonus, you can leave her in the darkroom if you want to, and she will keep busy by developing photos.

🛠 don't worry about it being an extra chore on you, vera makes up for it by pushing the enemy away from you when you're in danger with her shovel, and upgrading your weapons when you get parts. you don't have to worry about your knife breaking, she will also fix that for you, just find the necessary ingredients for her. you also don't need to try to protect her from damage, she will hide from harm's way on her own.

🛠 she is extra useful to divert the lickers away with her strategically placed minispeakers which will play metal/rock music from her walkman by your command. this feature doesn't work on mr. x.

🛠 vera will separate from you after the encounter with kendo if you're playing leon, and will go after chief irons. you can't follow her because you have to advance forward with ada. you can keep talking to her from your walkie-talkie, and will reunite with her in the sewers later.

🛠 as claire, you will also separate before going to the orphanage, but she brings big firepower for the irons bossfight and will fight with her own gun. you will also unlock more of her backstory and about irons as claire, because the orphanage level has big importance to her.

🛠 in the lab area as claire, you can leave her behind to look after sherry. as leon, she will handle the signal modulators and bring back the power for you, but regardless of which path you've chosen, she will occasionally want to remain behind in certain areas to look through computers for collecting evidence.

🛠 after you complete leon a/claire b or claire a/leon b, you will get vera as a DLC for extra hard mode in which only available weapons are melee. you have to run and hide from the enemies and complete recording objectives until you get to kendo's shop where you can stock on weapons. your durability is very low and you have to take extra care of your health.

🛠 EXTRA: vera also makes a cameo in resident evil 3 remake in carlos' RPD section and will escort him to the STARS office.