STRIKE

Simon "Ghost" Riley-TF-141, Shadow CO.
"STRIKE"
Al-Mazrah, U.R.A
15 July 2022 1600

In the middle of Al Mazrah, Russians plan to meet up with someone, a V.I.P, "Gold Eagle Actual, Shadow-1 is weapons hot... We're burning daylight here" says Commander Graves over coms, "Copy, Graves. Stand by. Laswell, do we have confirmation?" responds General Shepherd. Suddenly a female voice speaks up "Watcher-1 to Bravo 0-7, you in position?" With the crunching sound of sand under Ghosts feet while emerging from the shadows and adjusting his gun "nearly there" a strong rumbling can be heard from above "got a heli incoming" Ghost looks up to admire the passing helicopter "that's general Ghorbrani" Says Laswell while resting her head on the palm of her hand. "Right on time" says General Shepherd, impressed with Ghorbrani's punctuality. Getting back into a straighter position on his chair he says "now get up there and let's see what he's up to in the middle o' nowhere".
Ghost continues his hike up the canon and sets up on a ledge where he is not visible to others, "i'm eyes on" Says Ghost taking out the spotter scope, "what do you see?" Asks Laswell now fairly intrigued on the situation at hand. "Armed personnel, armor and hardware... all Russian" says Ghost looking around the area with the scope. "What the hell are the Russians doin' with Ghorbrani?" Says Shepherd in mere seconds, "supplying Iran. It's an arms deal." Says Laswell nonchalantly. "You copying this, Shadow-1?" Asks Shepherd adjusting his position on his chair and his earpiece. "Affirmative- two birds, one stone" says Graves adjusting the calibration on the missile, "we need to identify the general before kicking this off boys... can you put a positive ID on him" asks Laswell. "affirmative, got a visual on Ghorbrani. Marking target" says Ghost, sending Commander Graves the exact location of the General.
"Target confirmed. Shadow-1, you are cleared hot for launch" says Shepherd ready to see things go up in flames. "Roger that Actual. Ghost, you are danger close to the zone. This arrows gonna pack a punch" says Graves adjusting the final things ready to launch. "Copy, approved... send it" says Ghost backing up a bit to not get hit with all the debris, "All stations, Shadow-1. Missile is ready for immediate delivery, stand by for launch... target designated in... two... one..... shot out!"

*BOOM*

"Bloody fucking hell.   ...Direct, target destroyed" Ghost confirming the impact, he gets up, dusts himself and retreats to the helicopter he came in.

^SEVERAL MONTHS LATER^

*click, clack* is all that can be heard through the commission's hallway, *click, clack* the shoes of Kate Laswell as she walks down the corridor towards Shepherd's office. She comes to a halt in front of the Generals office and with a soft knock she announces her arrival, a strong potent voice saying "come in" Can be heard from the other side confirming Laswell to enter. "General Shepherd." Greets Laswell "boy, I know that look. Are we at war?" Shepherd looks up, stopping what he was doing before Laswell came in. "You would be the first to know, sir." She states as she repositions herself, "Damn right I would. Talk to me" he says in a low demanding voice. Quickly she takes out a tablet and presents it to the General, "We have a hit on Ghorbrani's second-in-command." Slowly the General picks up the tablet "Hassan Zyani. Quds Force Major." He stares at the picture of Zyani taking in every single detail of his bio.  "He's taken up the mantle for Iran" Is said by Laswell as she inspects the Generals expression "supplying terrorists" states the General with a hint of a question. "Money, weapons, intel..." lists Laswell "well he's ambitious" nonchalantly says the General "He's dangerous, sir. He wants retaliation for the Ghorbrani strike... he's planning something" Mentions Laswell while the memory is at the back of her mind. "We can't take him in Iran" Mentions the general knowing he could start a war.
Laswell switches from Hassan's bio to a map, "He's not in Iran. He's on the ground in Al Mazrah." Shepherd picks up the tablet again looking at the map this time "What the hell is he doing in Al Mazrah?" Laswell leans onto the table and with a stern face says "There is only one way to find out, sir" shepherd looks up "well, let's get him"
With a puzzled face she asks "when?" Shepherd arrogantly answers "what time is it now?" Laswell only nods at his response and asks "who do we send?"as she quickly grabs the tablet.

^TIME SKIP^

The sound of people and trucks running around is heard throughout the base, General Shepherd's voice can be heard through coms "You're wheels-up in five" Ghost starts walking towards a convoy "roger" after a few seconds of static Shepherd continues "Marines are loading in now. You and the sergeant are leading the way in this" Ghost looks puzzled "The sergeant?" Shepherd trying to stifle a laugh "Soap MacTavish". Turning to the convoy, Ghost sees a 5 '11 man jumping off a convoy "Let's get ourselves a win, yeah, Lt? ... save ya a seat, sir" says MacTavish while giving Ghost a small punch in the arm. While Ghost was cringing under his mask, Soap walks away towards the helicopter. "Fucking hell" says Ghost under his breath while walking up to the other Marines, "Ghost- you copy?" Asks General Shepherd still connected to coms, Ghost slightly panicking inside realizing he is still online answers "yes, sir." being entertained with the situation the General decided to push a bit more "any issues?" Ghost, wanting this to end, gave a short and quick answer "Negative, sir.  Out here" is the last thing he says before turning off coms and stepping into the helicopter.

'Mission information'

Laswell: "Airstrikes are hitting enemy positions bordering Al-Mazrah. Intel confirms a concentration on AQ fighters converging in the valley. We believe they're protecting something. Surveillance indicates soldiers guarding three structures. Major Hassan may be holed up inside.
Ghost and Soap will lead a Marine Special Operation unit to kill or capture Hassan, Tonight. One helo will insert two separate teams at separate offset points bordering the target area. Bravo team will sweep and clear buildings one and two. Alpha team takes building three. All shooters have execute authority but we want Hassan alive for interrogation. Be advised. Major Hassan is AQ's lifeline. If he is there, they will die for him... good hunting"