Chapter 9

▪️B A L D U R▪️

I did not know how I ended up with Izara sitting in front of me upon my Vharg, but here she was, with that sinful body of hers pressing back into me.

Fucking hell!

This was why I had been keeping my distance, wanting to stay as far away from her as possible.

My hands ached, wanting to run my fingers up her thick thighs before gripping her by the hips so that I could pull her back into me even more. Not wanting to get aroused, I forced myself to think about something else.

Glancing over to Khagra, I levelled my gaze at him, silently cursing the warrior Orc in my mind. If the knowing smirk on his face was anything to go by, it was obvious that he had planned the entire damn thing!

After Izara had cleaned up what was left of Sigorim's grave, on our way back, Khagra had claimed that he would need to take an alternative route to ours in order to check on one of the Orc hunting parties.

He stated that Izara would have to ride back to the castle with me.

I was tempted to argue, but I knew that would have been petty, especially since there was no place for a human to be among an Orc hunting party. Besides, I could not let my best friend see how much Izara had been affecting me, particularly when I myself was still trying to understand the emotions that I was feeling.

Letting out a sigh, I allowed my eyes to wander.

We were travelling over slightly rocky terrain and I did my best to ignore Izara and Khagra while they idly chatted with each other about the various plants and animals in the area.

The mountain path hugged the curves of the landscape, creating a stunning view of the evergreens that stretched as far as our eyes could see. I always enjoyed being out in the wilderness, there was just something so freeing about being one with nature, allowing yourself to get lost in its infinite beauty.

Tilting my head back, I looked up at the caerulean sky, admiring the way the white clouds were scattered about. The longer I stared, the more I began to miss the days when I would regularly ride my Amphitere.

Ormr was a magnificent beast and I had found his cracked egg laying in a creek when I was just five years old.

My father had told me to get rid of him, claiming that he was too small and would not live to see adulthood. But I was stubborn, I did not want any other Amphitere for I felt as though the Gods had intended for me to find him.

Ormr had proven everyone wrong by beating the odds and survived, growing into a large and beautiful beast, one of the strongest in the entire isle.

He was an Amphitere with an uncommon blue colouring, the various hues fusing together to create a blending effect that mesmerised all who laid eyes on him. His scales and feathers reminded me of the colour of sapphire stones with flecks of grey embedded in-between, while his underside was a blue that reminded me of the sparkling waters that were only found on the coast of the Isle.

When I rode Ormr, nothing else mattered, and I would spend many hours just soaring through the sky, gliding amongst the clouds. Sometimes, I was tempted to fly away and never return, but knowing that I would be King one day was what kept me grounded.

The feel of Gnarg leaping over an incline pulled my attention back to the present.

Each time my Vharg jumped, it pushed Izara's plump derriere back against my crotch. The feel of her thighs pressing into mine caused me to exhale while momentarily closing my eyes.

I grunted softly, trying to keep my body from responding.

"Everything alright, Baldur?" Khagra asked, a playful gleam in his hazel gaze.