Chapter 11. Case comes to a close and a new one begins part one?

Neil got up once he was told that he could go, he then grabbed his coat before walking out of the room. "You think he's hiding something?" Hank asked Nick.

"Yeah. Try and do some more digging, I'm gonna go talk to the girl that he was with and see if she knows anything." Nick told Hank, as he got up and walked out of the room with him before hearing Neil talking to someone. Nick and Hank both looked to see who Neil was talking to, and to their surprise it was actually the girl that Nick needed to speak with.

"I'm guessing that's the girl, that he was talking to that night?." Hank said, as he watched the two of them talk and it made him wonder if something was going on between them both.

"Im guessing so." Nick said, as he watched the two of them talk before watching them both walk away still talking to each other. He definitely would have to speak with Monroe about what was going on and figure out what happened, before things got worse then they already were getting?

"I appreciate you coming to get me Shadow, I'm sorry that I got you involved in this." Neil said as he walked with Shadow to the front doors and out of the precinct, he felt bad that she was caught up in this.

"Not your fault, you didn't get me involved. I already was involved the moment that you stepped outside that day to talk to me. Which I'm glad that you did, because I like you a lot but I'm still sorry for what happened to Freddy." Shadow said, before making a face of did I just say that out loud as she continued to walk with him. "Your welcome."

Neil continued to walk with shadow as he listened to her talk, he looked at her a bit confused as he heard her words. He didn't know what to say, as his face started to lift up into a small smile.

Neil continued to walk with her, before stopping and gently reaching for her arm to stop her from walking any further away from him

Neil continued to walk with her, before stopping and gently reaching for her arm to stop her from walking any further away from him. Before he could stop himself, he leaned in and kissed her on the lips he didn't know what came over him but he had waited long enough to do that. "I like you too. I have since I first met you at the spice shop."

...Flashback to first meeting...

Neil was working on stocking some shelves for Freddy when he heard the doorbell ring, he turned around and stood there watching

as the most beautiful woman that he'd ever seen walked up to the counter and talked to Freddy. He soon looked away not wanting to stare at her, he soon though caught himself glancing at her again only this time he smiled softly when he saw her looking at him and giving him a shy smile.

 He soon looked away not wanting to stare at her, he soon though caught himself glancing at her again only this time he smiled softly when he saw her looking at him and giving him a shy smile

The woman walked into the spice shop with her hood up and over to the counter, she felt her breathing hitch a bit as she started to feel warm and feel butterflies in her stomach. She tried to ignore the feeling as she got what she needed, but she could feel him staring at her to which she stared back and gave him shy smile. Before leaving once Freddy had given her the bag with her medicine in it for stuff.

Neil stood there and watched as she left the store, he wanted to run after her and get her numbed but he that that would be to weird. "Someone looks like they have their eyes on someone." Freddy told Neil, before going back to work. "Yeah." Neil said as he smiled to himself and shook his head as he went back to work.

..End of flashback..

Shadow smiled softly and blushed, as she kissed him back. She had remembered the day they had met, she remembered it as if it was just yesterday. "So have I, but I thought that it'd be weird if I had told you that I liked you since we had met a few months ago. C-could we maybe um...go out sometime like a um....date?"

Neil chuckled softly at her, he thought that she was cute when she stuttered especially when she was nervous or just being her awkward self. "I'd like that." He told her softly, before kissing her on the lips again and smiling at her. "How about a cup of coffee?" Neil asked her.

Shadow smiled. "Y-yeah. That sounds great." She told him. "Is...is tomorrow night okay?"

Neil smiled and nodded his head. "Tomorrow sounds good." He told her, before walking with her over to her car as he held her hand while staying close to her as they walked.

He waited til she unlocked the car, before opening the door and letting her get in. Neil then shut the door and hopped around the other side to get in, he buckled up and watched as Shadow drove him back to his place.

Meanwhile....

Nick headed over to Monroe's place to speak with him, he was really worried about shadow since she was the one there talking to Neil. He just wanted to get this case done and over with, he heard his phone ringing as he drove to Monroe. "Yeah?" He asked as he pulled into Monroe's street.

"Yeah, we got a lead on the spice shop case murder. The flesh came back to a match, but it doesn't belong to Schade or his girlfriend. It belongs to a drug dealer who has a couple of charges." Hank said, as he looked at the name and the face of the drug dealer along with his friend.

"Do we have any names?" Nick asked Hank, as he continued to drive to Monroe's place.

"We do." Hank said, before telling Nick the names and the place.

"Alright thanks Hank, I'm on my way." Nick told him, before hanging up and driving to where Hank told him to go but he called Sean to let him know where they were going. Of course Sean agreed to go along and would meet them both there at the place.

Once Shadow had made it to Neil's place, she pulled into his driveway and parked her car. She then looked over at Neil as he looked at her with a smile. "What?" She asked him.

Neil smiled and looked away, before looking back at her. "Nothing, just...can't get over how pretty you are." He told her softly, before leaning in and pecking her on the lips.

Shadow smiled against Neil's lips as he pecked her on the lips, but she kissed back before he could pull away. She then blushed and nodded her head, not knowing what to say as he chuckled and unbuckled his belt. But she looked up and frowned when she saw his sister on his porch waiting for him.

Neil was about to say something else, when he saw her frown. "What is it?" He asked her, before looking up and seeing his sister standing there on his porch. He clenched his jaw, before looking back at Shadow. "Adalind. I'll call you later okay?" He told her, before kissing her one last time and getting out of the car.

(I apologize for the chapter being long, I kinda got carried away with the story)