jax

jax could tell his relationship with cam wasn't going to last. they were slowly drifting apart everyday. she worked, he worked, they had no time for each other.

jax hated feeling like he was losing her. he loved cam more than anything in the world. he wanted to be with forever.

while expressing his troubles to his friend opie, the man suggested a baby. a baby always saves a relationship, or at least it did with his.

jax gave the idea a thought. it would give cam an excuse to take off work. him too. they would become closer again, spend more time together. but would it be forced? or is this just the push they needed to love each other the way they did?

cam wasn't on birth control. she tried it in the beginning of their relationship, but it made her gain 10 pounds. though jax didn't mind the extra weight, she was not happy and immediately stopped taking it. they've used condoms ever since.

jax was desperate to save his relationship. desperate enough to poke holes in a couple of their condoms. it took a week before he got the opportunity to use it, and cam didn't seem to notice.

a few months later, cam was throwing up and craving pancakes. she hated pancakes, so she knew something was wrong.

she expressed her concerns to her boyfriend, who immediately suggested a pregnancy test. he swore they were careful, but anything could happen.

jax and cam sat on the end of the bed. the white plastic test sat face down on her lap, a timer counting down on her phone.

"whatever the test says, we're happy," jax assures.

cam nodded her head slowly. "yeah.." she whispered. "we can totally have a baby. i can take leave at the hospital, just have mary take my cases. we'll have to set up a nursery, and babyproof the house—"

"let's wait and see if it's positive, okay?" jax interrupted her rambling.

"i just don't understand how this is happening," she sighed. "we use protection."

jax placed a hand on her thigh. "it'll be okay," he told her. "condoms aren't always effective."

the time on cam's phone rang loudly, and the girl quickly turned it off. she grasped the test in her hand and looked to the man with a nervous look.

jax smiled and nodded his head.

cam turned the test over and read the results.

"we're having a baby."