Magically

"We are witches? Are we not normal humans, Nana?" I asked, tightly gripping the handle of the cup of tea that Nana had just brewed.

"We are 'normal'. Everyone has different kinds of norms; for us, it's wands and magic."

"So we have magical powers? Can I fly? Can I teleport? Oh, is it like X-men?" Mika asked excitedly.

"Not really; it's actually different. Come, why don't I just show you?" Nana smiled and walked towards the bookshelf.

With a flicker of her wand, she got a few books off the shelf, and the books just magically glided in the air to the table.

"Impressed?" Nana asked.

In unison, Mika and I replied, "Yes."

There were five books on the table. One by one, Nana went through them. The first one was a book about magical creatures. Who knew dragons existed and there were so many breeds? We were both so fascinated by this that we didn't even realize what was about to come next.

"A book of spells? Oh my goodness!" Mika gasped as she skimmed through them. As we went through the books, Nana was telling us stories about the Wizarding World. There were magical schools out there, shops, forests, and potions. I couldn't believe that there was an entire world out there that we never knew of.

"And we call the non-magic folks 'Muggles'" Nana said.

"Heh, Muggles," Somehow, Mika found it very funny and laughed a lot.

"Were our moms witches too?" I asked Nana.

"They were, and so were both of your dads."

"Where did they meet Nana?" Mika asked, wiggling her brows. In response to that, Nana laughed, "Well, I don't know where your parents met; your mother was very outgoing, not to mention had many lovers in the past, but Evelynn's parents met at Hogwarts."

"What's Hogwarts, Nana?" I asked.

"Well, Hogwarts is a wizarding boarding school. Kids from the ages of 11 to 17 go there to learn, basically, school stuff."

"So like math English."

"No, no, not those Eves. More like Potions, Defense Against Dark Arts, Charms, etc.

"That sounds so cool," Mika said in awe.

"Nana, can we learn magic? Can we do all those?" I asked

"Yes, you two can, but you will need a wand for that." Nana suddenly went silent and asked excitedly, "Girls, would you like to go to Hogwarts?"

I looked at Mika, who was looking at me, and smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Evelynn, dear, wake up." Nana's voice woke me up. Looking around, I saw that it was almost midday. The sun was high up in the sky, and light filled the room. Getting out of bed, I witnessed another of Nana's failed attempts to wake Mika up. Admitting defeat, Nana looked at me and smiled.

"You know what to do,"

I nodded, took a few steps, sprinted toward Mika's bed, and jumped. Feeling the extra weight on Mika's body, she groaned.

"EVELYNN. GET OFF ME, YOU FAT SLUG. I AM TOO OLD FOR THESE CANON BALLS!"

"Then you should wake up without being a pain in the arse, Mikaylah," Nana laughed. I joined in.

"Get dressed and come down quickly; it's a big day." Saying this, she went downstairs.

"She's jolly today, isn't she?" I asked Mika, who just groaned and went to the toilet.

While we were munching on our bread and butter, Nana was walking around and flickering her wand, which caused the pieces of furniture to move by themselves.

"What? Why are you two staring? You don't expect me to do everything by myself now. Magic. It is truly a blessing. No more dusting the old boards. Ahahahahah. Come to the living room after you two are done eating."

"She is jolly today."

"Of course, she is Eve, the amount of sneezing that occurs when she is dusting is crazy,"

In the living room, Nana held two envelopes out to us.

"What is this?" Mika asked.

"You'll know when you open it," Nana said.

Flipping the envelope over I saw a purple stamp. 

After reading it, I looked at Nana

"My goodness, Nana, how did you do this? Also, how will we be able to do magic?"

"Evelynn, slow down, my child. I know this is all very new to you both, but don't worry, magic is within you two. I know it was wrong of me to keep such a big thing hidden from you two all this time, but after yesterday, I thought this through all night, and I think it's time for you two to join the wizarding world. So I asked a friend for a favor, and here we are. Congratulations on your acceptance to Hogwarts!"