Checking In

It had been a week since Ross had been dumped by his girlfriend Claire. They had been together for two years so naturally Ross was distraught. She had told him that he was too stuck in his ways. Not very spontaneous. Failed to understand her as a woman and what she needed from a relationship. In hindsight these were perfectly valid reasons. Ross was quite stuck in his ways. He rarely stepped out of his comfort zone and he had always failed to really understand women. That's why he thought he was so lucky to find Claire. It had never been easy for him to meet women and she had been his only long term relationship. The thought of having to go back into the dating scene was terrifying. What if he never found anyone else?

What made it worse was that Claire was his best friend. Other than her he really didn't know many other people. He worked from home and rarely spoke to any colleagues. He had no siblings and his parents had passed away years ago. Without a support network Ross was struggling to think how to get through the break up.

Then he remembered he had booked a week in a spa for him and Claire as a 2 year anniversary present. He was no expert on spas but had looked it up on line and it seemed to get good reviews. "I came out of there feeling like a different person". "I was a new woman afterwards". "My trip to the spa changed my life!". It all sounded very positive. It was only going to go to waste otherwise and it was very expensive, so he thought he would go on his own. Ross was a pretty ordinary guy. He wasn't really a manly man, but he wasn't feminine either. The idea of a spa and being pampered and getting treatments wasn't exactly his idea of fun, but it might be a good way to distract him. Besides, if he got the chance to speak to Claire again it might show her that he is a bit more spontaneous and willing to go outside his comfort zone, which could only be a good thing.

So when it got to Monday, Ross was on the train heading to the spa. It was tucked away in the middle of the English countryside, with nothing else for miles and miles in any direction. After a taxi ride from the train station to the spa, Ross soon found himself standing in the lobby. At the reception desk was a gorgeous brunette woman. She had beautiful round green round eyes, plump lips, and perfectly manicured long red nails. The sound of them clacking on the keyboard was really a great welcoming sound.

As she heard me approaching she looked up and asked "Checking in?". 

I was slightly taken aback by her beauty and it took me a second to gather myself and reply.

"Oh, yes, sorry. Checking in. The name is Ross Harper. I'm here for a week."

"Of course Mr Harper. And is it just for one? Our reservation has two people listed?"

That was an unwelcome reminder for Ross.

"No, just me I'm afraid."

"Not to worry sir. If you take a seat one of our consultants will come to meet with you soon. We ask that all guests meet with a consultant to make sure that we can tailor our treatments to your needs during your stay."

Ross went and took a seat and waited for the consultant to appear. He had no idea what treatments they even offered, so he was happy to let her take the lead and guide him. When the consultant appeared, Ross thought he had hit the jackpot deciding to come to this place. She was as beautiful as the receptionist, with flowing blonde hair and fluttering eyelashes. Her pristine white uniform hugged every contour of her womanly curves. If the women here were this attractive, getting over Claire might be easier than he thought.

"Mr Harper? My name is Jasmine. If you follow me we can get your consultation started".

Ross followed Jasmine into the consultation room, and was greeted by a lovely flowery smell.

"So then Ross, what brings you to our spa this week?"

Ross explained how he was feeling a bit down following a break up, and he wanted a nice distraction. Also how he wanted to show Claire that he could be spontaneous and break out from his routine, and how he could change. 

"Also", continued Ross, "Claire told me that I don't understand women very well and that I didn't understand her needs in the relationship. So maybe this spa could get me more in touch with my female side and help me to understand women a bit more."

"Oh, we can definitely help with said", said Jasmine with a wry smile. "By the end of this week you will leave her with a new found respect and understanding for women we guarantee it. I'm sure Claire will be surprised by the changes you get from this week. With all this in mind, I think we should get you started with a facial to get you nice a relaxed ready for a week of pampering!".

And with that, Ross followed Jasmine to the spa, ready for a week of treatments and changes that would leave him feeling like a whole new person.