Chapter 5

Back on the island, Moby noticed that McSquidly had come over to him.

Moby:Oh, hey McSquidly, sorry for not bringing you with me, I've just been going through some personal stuff.

Moby:No body has stuck my by side like you have, thank you.

Moby: Actually, you mind bringing our guest over?

McSquidly made his way over to Champ, who was laying down.

Champ:(Sighs) I hope everything's alright down there.

Champ felt something tug his leg as he turned, seeing a small Squid.

Champ:Hello there little guy, I'm guessing your with Moby?

McSquidly nodded his head as he pointed a tentacle at Moby.

Champ:He wants to talk?

McSquidly once again nodded his head.

Champ: Thanks for letting me know.

Champ then walked over to Moby.

Moby:Sit next to me.

Champ sat down next to Moby.

Moby:I know it's wrong to blame Matthew for something that was out of his reach, but why couldn't I get my mother back?

Champ:I asked myself the same question about my father when I found out that Matt was alive.

Moby:But yet you promised to take care of Matthew.

Champ:I always wanted to meet him, when I finally did, he wasn't quite what I was expecting.

Moby: Because he lost his memory?

Champ:No.

Moby:Huh?

Champ: Because of his kind heart, he's willing to listen to anyone's pain and comfort them.

Moby began to remember when Matthew was talking to him after his great-grandfather died.

Flashback:

Young Moby was very upset upon hearing his great-grandfather's last words, those being words of forgiveness.

???:Moby?

Moby turned, seeing that Matthew had come over.

Moby:(Sighs) Just leave me alone.

Matthew:You want me to bring your mother in here?

Moby:No thanks.

Matthew then placed a hand Moby's fish tail.

Matthew:Then your stuck with me, because you're not staying by yourself, especially like this.

Moby then placed a paw on the ground, allowing Matthew to climb onto the top of his paw. Moby then gently lifted up his paw, placing Matthew on his muzzle.

Moby:Is it wrong to say that I don't feel anything, even though I just watched my great-grandfather die?

Matthew:He may have said and done things that he shouldn't have done, but that doesn't mean he didn't care about you.

Moby:He never loved me! He killed my father!

Matthew:I know, but there was something I saw in his room that surprised me.

Moby:What was it?

Matthew:A picture of you when you were just born.

Tears began to fall from Moby's face.