☆SEVEN☆

D i n n e r N i g h t

"Where were you?" Daphne appeared in front of us as we were walking back to Aubrey Hall We were all looking for you both

"You need not worry" Anthony answers "We were by fathers grave talking" Daphne went silent, walking along with us. I walked a few steps in front of them so they could have a moment.

"You told her about father?" Daphne murmured surprised from behind me. I pretended not to hear them and continued looking ahead.

"She is my friend" Anthony said in an obvious tone, Daphne hummed thoughtfully.

"Are you sure it is Miss Edwina you want to marry, brother?" Daphne wondered.

"What nonsense are you saying, sister" Anthony scoffed "Of course I am sure, Miss Edwina is the diamond of this season, she will make a perfect Viscountess"

"Is that what this is?" Daphne huffed" You going after Miss Edwina, only, because she is the incomparable?"she shook her head in disbelief "Anthony, I see you get along better with Miss Y/n than Miss Edwina, conversation is easily made between you two, she makes you laugh and smile, a genuine laugh and smile, not one of those you give everyone in the ton, and I know what I am talking about, I have observed you both closely this day"

"Enough, Daphne" Anthony exclaimed, I looked back at them surprised, Anthony gave me a tight lipped smile, before I turned back around.

"We will not talk about this any longer, Miss y/n and I are just friends, I will marry Miss Y-  Edwina and make her my Viscountess, End. Of. Story" He said firmly, I looked down at the floor as we entered into Aubrey Hall

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"He is quite funny" Edwina said as she got ready for a bath

"I have told you both, that before" I said as i braided my hair.

"Intelligent, too" I hummed as Kate sat next to me.

"And the conversation, there were almost no awkward pauses, truly" Edwina stopped walking "Although he did mention Y/n quite a lot" I furrowed my eyebrows as i turned to look at her

"Yes, unconsciously I suppose, but he would  say something along the lines of,' Oh, Miss y/n said the same thing or Miss Y/n does not think that', was really not quite fun to hear it, but you are friends after all" She looked at me "Or is there something I need to know?"

"What?" I said incredulously, my heart starting to beat faster.

"Perhaps you both have feelings for each other" I started to shake my head " It is alright if you do, truly, tell me now before it is too late and I will tell the Viscount to stop pursuing me, after all, you did see him first"

"Not at all, Bon" I stood up "Anthony and I are just friends, there are no feelings on his part"

"And on your part?" She asked

"Anyway, he is pursuing you, not me, tell us, what did you talk about?" I ignored her question, changing the conversation, she looked at me knowingly but nodded

"His family, for starters"

"It was all about him then" Kate scoffed "Bon, if the conversation went one sided-"

"Only it did not!" Edwina exclaimed "I was convinced my poor show at the Pall mall field left the Viscount, indifferent, only he asked me questions about myself, most of which he already knew... y/n" She looked at me knowingly

"Guilty" I smiled sheepishly

"About our family, he was interested in everything I had to say, didi, in the books I have read, even in the books I have not"