The Not Quite Dead

Midnight, Day 2

"He's sleeping" Maxine whispered as Superman quietly walked into the college girls dorm. "I think I talked to much and at some point it just became like white noise for him. Kinda insulting but I get it. I do tend to-" the boy shifted a bit in his sleep on the couch and the girl quickly shut her mouth.

"I'll take him" Superman nodded as he walked over to the boy and gently picked him up. "How did he act?"

"Like he's very good at holding in his true emotions when he wants to" Maxine crossed her arms. "He has issues, it won't all be fixed by helping him get friends. He needs professional help"

"I know" Superman nodded gravely. "I just need to get him to the point where he would be willing to accept it"

"Well I'm here, if I can help in any way just get in touch" Maxine smiled causing Superman to nod his thanks.

—————————————————————

(Y/n) yawned as he woke up. He was surprised to find himself once again in Superman's room, he must have moved him over the night. "Ugh" he groaned as he slowly got out of bed before getting dressed.

When the boy was out of the room he noticed Superman sitting on the couch in his everyday clothes. "Good morning" Clark nodded at the boy as he stood up.

"Morning" (y/n) replied as he looked up at the taller man. "So what's your plan for me today?"

"I was thinking it may be a good idea for you to meet someone who has died before" (y/n) looked confused. "It happens a lot with people I know. Green Arrow, Red Hood, batgirl. Anyways the list goes on"

"So who are you forcing me to sit down and talk with?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms.

"You'll see. Out of everyone I know her death was the most like what you want to do" (y/n) waited for the man of steel to elaborate but he didn't. "Ready to go? We're having breakfast there" (y/n) shrugged and Superman quickly picked him up before flying away.

—————————————————————

(Y/n) didn't know where they were. Superman flew quickly enough that all the boy was able to recognize was the smell of Gotham city which he already guessed. After that the next thing he knew they were standing in front of a large pair of double doors. They stood there for a moment as Superman knocked.

After a moment the door was opened. "Ah master Kent" he then noticed the boy besides him. "And you must be young master (y/n)"

"I suppose I must be" (y/n) gave a fake friendly smile that he had spent years perfecting

"I am Alfred Pennyworth. Do come in, master Bruce is waiting in the kitchen" the butler moved out of the way of the door and the two walked inside.