29: Kisses

Arriving back at camp Felix reports that every pirate is dead and the Jolly Roger sunken by mermaids.

"Let's celebrate shall we?" Peter's voice echos around camp and you grin, walking up to the largest unlit bonfire you've ever seen. Taking a deep breath you conjure a flame, holding your hand to the wood. Exclaims and cheers rise above the cracks and pop of the fire as it comes to life. "You did it!!!!" You almost topple over as Wendy catapults herself at you, Sebastian and Devin close behind. "I'm so happy you're back! And that you're ok and...." She cuts herself off with a sniffle. You hug her and take her hand, joining it with Devin's. "Let the night begin!!" Stepping back from them you watch them dance. "Y/n." You turn to your side and hug Sebastian. "Seb. It's been a while." Laughing, he whispered to you. "Are you by any chance setting up Devin and Wendy?" You gasp and whisper back. "I didn't even think of that! Why do you ask?" He cackles. "Just checking. It's so good to have you back and smiling." You nudge his side. "Thanks Seb."

***

After many dances with each Lost Boy and Wendy you collapse onto a log and yawn, covering it with the back of your hand. "Darling. Shall we go to bed?" You smile and stand, wrapping your arms around Peter. "Y-y/n?" You laugh softly and step back. "Sorry. I just missed you." He smiles. "It's just that it was with everyone around." You shake your head. "I don't care. Unless- you'd prefer to not?" He wraps an arm around you waist and kisses your temple.

"Im happy if you are- but let's just keep the kissing for us." You scrunch up your face. "Obviously!" Smirking down at you Pan bids the camp goodnight and flashes you both outside your tent. "Night y/n." Frowning you grab his hand as he turns away. "Peter." He stops and looks back, his eyes watery. "I don't want to be alone anymore." Your confession -though whispered- makes him break down. He pulls you toward him and flashes you into his hut.

"I thought I'd lost you. So many times." You watch him turn away from you and walk to the window. "I know. And I don't ever want that to happen to us again." He doesn't reply and you watch his shoulders shake. Walking over to him you hug him from behind. After a while he calms down and you pull him around.

The moonlight shines on you both, highlighting the tears on his face, and your shaky breaths. Leaning up you kiss away his tears on one cheek. "I'm here Peter." You kiss away the others. "I'm alive." You then lean up and kiss his jaw along to his lips. "And...I love you." He stares at you shocked. You feel your heartbeat pick up before he cups your face and brushes his thumb over your cheek. "My Darling . I love you with all my heart."

You laugh as happy tears escape your eyes. "O my god I love you so much." He picks you up and whispers how much he loves you and kisses your face, both of you revelling in each other after every unlikely twist of events. "Thank you for saving me and the island. I know you must've been scared." You smile down on him from your perch on his waist. "Yeah. At least we are safe for now though." You both wait a second before yelling "Touch wood!!" And rushing towards the closest wooden thing. Laughing you both settle on the bed, you nestled into Pan's arms. "Sweet dreams y/n." You kiss his neck and close your eyes. "Night Pancake." He hums in happiness and magics you both pj's before pulling a fur blanket over you.