Prologue

The man with green eyes was no fool he knew to double check the traps he knew to double check the locks before he left for town that morning. So why did it feel like he was forgetting something? He shook off the feeling as he headed to his truck and made it to town. The men and women of the town waved hello as he walked past, the man giving them a smile in return, the townspeople were none the wiser to the man's more hidden sinister nature underneath. They didn't know of the graveyard of bodies he'd had to bury in his long life. If they knew the truth they would cower in fear. They all would. If they only knew of the countless horrible things he'd witnessed or been witnessed to. They would hate and fear him in equal measure. The women and children would cower in fear and beg for their lives. The men; those brave and stupid enough would try to kill him. If they knew the truth that Joesph Solomon had kept hidden for over a decade the atrocities that he'd committed- the atrocities he'd helped to commit. He shuddered to think what would become of him. But they couldn't know. They wouldn't know. He had a promise to keep, to a friend he feared was long dead. A friend whose family was without answers to his whereabouts for over a month now. A friend who was probably most certainly now dead. A friend whose body still hadn't been found. And probably-knowing The Circle and their methods fairly well himself- never would be. The man sighed as he reached the cabin at the end of the town. The lead he'd been following was gone. All that was left behind was the remains of the chard-out cabin. Someone would have to tell Abby and Rachel that the lead was another dead-end. That someone he realized would have to be him. The man with green eyes headed back to his truck and back to his cabin, he paused noticing the door was ajar he was sure that he'd left the door locked. He got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he turned coming face to face with the butt of a gun pointed at him. Then he remembered what he'd forgotten that morning as he'd left his cabin. He'd forgotten to check his tail and backtrack. Joseph Solomon realized he was getting sloppy and in his life, that was never a good thing. If She of all people had managed to find him did the rest of The Circle know where he was as well at this very moment? It seemed he was about to find out.

Cliffhanger!!! I wrote this in my creative writing class last semester and decided to edit it and put it up here. I know that realistically Ally Carter may never revisit this world again and I wanted some more backstory on our favourite Wise Guy so I decided to write it myself hope you enjoy this short story.