𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟶𝟷 - 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗

I push through the giant crowd of people gathering at the fence at the race track. I managed to make it through and inside the gates, proudly showing off my "PRESS" badge. Today's race was pretty important, I mean the rookie, the second, and the king himself were racing! I looked around for my friend, Jacob, he's a security guard for this big event, he's the one who got me this pretty cool press badge! I should give some back story to why I'm here, you see... I'm a journalist and I wanted, well maybe not wanted but I NEEDED to interview a racer, any racer... I just needed one story so I won't get fired...  My boss is a real pain in the ass. Anyways I continued to look around, and I spotted a familiar brunette, I ran over "JACOB!" the guy turned around quickly, and a big grin grew on his face.

"HEY HEY Y/N!" He ran over to me and stopped in front of me. "Find any racers to interview?"

"Not yet, but I'm sure I'll find someone soon. I mean there are only like 30 minutes until the race"

He looked around, "Wanna get a drink"

"Now?!"

"Why not?" He asked, "come on let's go" He proceeded to walk in the direction of a large tent, and I followed him.

***

We entered the large tent, there were a bunch of people inside probably cooling off from the hot sun. In the middle was a bar, we went over and sat down on two empty stools. We sat down and talked for a bit until a voice came from his walkie-talkie. He took it out of his back pocket as the voice spoke "Ay Jacob we need you down by the gate, these fans are crazy" He looked at me then back at his walkie talkie

"I gotcha, you go do what you gotta do"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I say, taking a sip of my water.

"Alright... You know where to find me if anything happens... Right?"
I look up at him "Yeah yeah I do, now go they need you!" He sighed. I watch him exit the tent. I take out my notepad and flip to the page I was supposed to fill with the interview. Nothing.

"Can I get you a drink?" I look up from my notebook to see a tall man with light blonde hair with dyed red tips. The guy was wearing a dark red racing jacket with a small patch that read "RUSTEZE." I gasped.

"Wait a minute, are you...-" I was cut off

"Lighting Mcqueen, greatest racer? Hell yeah!" He said enthusiastically. He then pulled out the stool next to me and sat down. "So about that drink..."

Was the lighting McQueen asking me if I wanted a drink... Wait, maybe I can use this to my advantage. "I was wondering if I could uh... Interview you? About the race, like your fee-"

"Yeah sure," He said. He held his chin on his palm looking at me. His teal eyes gave me a soft look. 

"Thank you so much, Mr. McQueen!"

I then proceeded to ask the questions, and he answered them pretty easily. Turns out we have some things in common! He cracked some actual funny jokes and we laughed. We both had dreams of becoming something, and we both achieved it... well, I achieved mine, but Lighting is working on his winning the piston cup! As I wrote everything down, some people rushed into the tent, they swarmed around Lightning. "AY, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! THE RACE STARTS IN 12 MINUTES HURRY UP AND GET OUT OF HERE" We both turned and looked behind us, there stood 3 people, their jackets said "RUSTEEZ PITSTOP."

"Relax guys I'm coming, just let me say bye to my friend here" he then looked back at me and smirked, "Cya out there," he said standing up. I didn't say anything back, I watched as the 3 guys pushed him out of the tent.

I look back at my notebook, the entire page filled... Finally, I can relax, I just gotta submit this by tomorrow and I'm done! I look at the watch on my wrist, my ex-boyfriend gave me but I can't get myself to take it off.. Anyways enough about the sad part, it's time for the race! After this, I gotta head straight to Radiator Springs to visit my best friend, Sally.

WORD COUNT: 742