An open letter to my former friends

A true friend is someone who sticks with you through thick and thin, without developing romantic feelings for you or claiming ownership over you. A friend is someone who not only supports you during tough times, but also celebrates your successes with you.

A friend is someone who values your memories and would never trade them for someone else's. They are always thinking about you, even when you're not in touch.

A friend is someone who understands you and makes you feel comfortable expressing yourself. They maintain the friendship no matter what the circumstances are.

If someone doesn't meet these criteria, they are merely an acquaintance.

To my former friend, I want to acknowledge that I too have reached my breaking point. I have tried to understand your perspective and feelings, but I made mistakes in handling this situation.

I asked you to stop saying untrue things because it was too much for me to handle. I was exhausted.

I truly appreciated our friendship and the moments we shared. As someone with limited social skills, having you as a friend was a blessing. However, recent events have made me question my place in your life. Did I deserve to be a part of your circle? Was my presence necessary or just a casual bystander? If you felt obligated to accept me, I am sorry.

To be frank, I think our friendship has come to an end. I will be leaving your group, but I am grateful for the happy times we shared.