Chapter 3; Robbery

Lillian

Finally, after three days of planning, it was time for us to rob the bank in Jarden. It had taken us days to find the right time, the right entry point, and the right exit plan. But finally, we were ready. 

I stood with my mask and uniform on, ready to go, at the edge of the house's porch. We had a porch that hung over the edge of the mountain for easy take-off and returns.

My uniform was a simple black tight-fitting shirt with black leggings that would stretch as I did. It was created from the softest silk and had taken me months to make. I loved it—it was like my child. 

Cyprus stood on one side of me, Jerard on the other. They were also in their uniforms, wearing masks that covered their faces. 

Dr. Boom and Kalskie. Those were their villain names. I loved mine. It was just Lady Lillian. It was simple, and I didn't need a code name, since I wasn't out in the world. I stayed in the hideout, I lived here, and I loved it. Still, I wore a mask just in case I changed my mind or retired. 

Tenko and Malco came up behind us. 

"Everybody ready?" Malco asked. He would be leading the charge, and Tenko would stand guard outside, using his mind powers to keep the police from coming inside. Me, Cyrpus, and Jerard would be the ones helping keep the bank tellers and the customers in check. 

"Ready," I said. 

The others echoed me, and together, Jerard flew us down with his power of wind control. We went through the skies, landing on the roof of the building. 

"Right then, let's do this," Malco said. 

I watched Tenko go to the edge of the building and jump down, trusting his abilities to keep him safe from landing on the ground too hard. I heard a shout, then silence. 

Good. Tenko was doing his job of keeping the people quiet. The police wouldn't even know what happened until we were gone. 

We had the perfect team. Malco with his superhuman abilities such as hearing, sight, taste, agility, and speed. Jerard with his wind control was able to get us away if we needed a quick escape. Cyrpus with her explosion powers for distractions and getting into tough places. And, with my stretching ability, I was able to rob anything. Tenko handled the people, and together, we were able to get in and out of anywhere without much trouble. 

That is, unless Areos was there. 

He was the biggest pain in our side. His abilities matched ours, and he was a one-man-team. It made it hard to get anything done when he was constantly in our way. 

"Doctor Boom, if you would," Malco said, backing away. We all did the same, letting Cyprus work her magic. 

She placed a hand on the roof of the bank, and with barely a thought, exploded her hand. Everything under her hand—including her hand—went up in a cloud of fire and smoke, the building shaking from the impact. 

Malco nodded to me, and I walked over to the hole in the roof. I sat on the edge of the hole and let my legs extend until they touched the ground. Then, the rest of my team used me like a rope, sliding down my body until they reached the floor. 

I lowered myself down last, just in time to hear Malco shout.

"Nobody move! We just want the money, but if you cause trouble for us, we aren't afraid to kill you." 

We were indeed afraid to kill them. It was one of our rules. No killing. But they didn't need to know that. 

I pulled the gun that hung from my belt and held it up at the people. They froze in fear, watching me and the others with scared eyes. 

If I wasn't aware of how these people treated their children and their friends, I would have felt guilty. sure, a few of them were probably good people. But the majority of them were abusers, so I didn't feel an ounce of guilt as I leveled my gun at them. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Cyrpus and Malco went with their heavy-duty duffle bags to the back of the bank, where the vault was. I felt another shake of the building and knew that they had broken into it. 

They returned after a few minutes with their bags full. Malco jerked his head towards me, and I handed my gun off to him and went with my own duffle bag to the vault. 

The door—as I had suspected—had been blown off its hinges. Inside were stacks of money, a large chunk missing. I quickly stuffed as much money into my bag as I possibly could. 

Then, I left and jerked my own head at Jerard. He disappeared and reappeared with a full duffle bag. 

Finally, we were done. 

I went and stood below the hole, stretching my upper body to the ceiling. My head and upper body were above the roof. I felt the rest of the team grab onto my body. Using my arms to hold me in place, I lifted them—struggling slightly with their weight—to the ceiling. 

One by one, they crawled out of the hole and stood on the roof. We surveyed each other before I walked to the edge of the building and shouted down to Tenko, "We're done. Come on up!" 

Jerard's brow scrunched in the effort as he used his wind powers to lift Tenko onto the roof. 

"Everything go okay?" Malco asked. 

We all nodded. Everything had gone exactly according to plan, and now we were ready to get the hell out of there. 

"Good, let's go." Malco gestured to Jerard. 

He huffed slightly as he lifted us all into the air. 

I felt myself relax a little the higher we climbed. We were almost home, almost back to Illia, almost ready to relax and finally have enough money to buy her some things. To redecorate her room. 

We got home safely, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Today, it seemed, we would not have to fight Areos. 

Good. If I fought him now, knowing what he had done to that poor little girl, I would kill him.