we can make it work - zayn imagine

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| your age - twenty |
| Backstory - you break up but he still loves you and proves it|
—————————————————————————

y/n's pov
i cried as i walked home, my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend now and i just had a horrible argument. i'm leaving to california for college and our discussion about us turned into a huge fight.

i finally had gotten home, not to mention it had been pouring with rain the whole walk home. i threw my soaking wet hoodie off and went to my bedroom.

i laid in my bed, crying my heart out. i love him, i really do. why did it have to end? and over a stupid argument?

i can't even believe it, i thought zayn and i loved each other enough to not let something like this tear us apart.

he reassured me he wouldn't let anything get in the way of our relationship, he promised we could make long distance work.

~

it's been a couple hours, it's well and truely midnight and it's still pouring with rain. i was still in the same spot as before, crying in a ball in my bed.

every once in a while i'd look at my room, pictures of zayn and i in frames, his spare clothes he leaves here, it all making my heart break even more.

i heard a knock at the door, it definitely wasn't something i expected at twelve. i got up from my bed, wiping my eyes as i walked to the front door.

millions of thoughts rushed through my head, who is it? am i getting kidnapped? is this some prank some teenagers decided to pull?

i sighed before turning the lock and slowly opening the door. shocked was an under statement. 

zayn. he was standing at my front door, after breaking my heart into a billion tiny pieces. and due to the rain, he was soaked. his lips were even a slight hint of blue, and his cheeks were all rosy.

"what are yo-" i began to say angrily but was cut off by zayn taking a step closer towards me and smashing his lips into mine.

"i love you y/n, i love you so fucking much" he says after we pull apart, his hair was wet and water droplets were rolling down his face, he looked good so good it was hard to be mad at him.

"i love you too zayn but what about me going to california? you got all mad... did you not believe that we'd make it work?" i ask, tears rolling down my cheeks. it was hard to tell if zayn was crying the rain had just started to get heavier.

"i had a shit day- which is no excuse and i just needed someone to take it out on. and you were the first one i saw" he says, his voice going quiet. i could see he was angry at himself. "i promise baby, we can make it work"

"i want to believe you zayn, i really do. long distance never works out for other people" i said.

"i'm willing to do anything to make it work, other people aren't us and clearly just weren't trying, i understand if you still don't trus-"

"-i trust you, i love you too much to let this one thing get in the way. i want to spend the rest of my life with you, i want to have a family with you, i want you zayn"

"and i want all of that with you" he said, i had only just taken notice of the fact it was still freezing and raining.

"now come inside before i change my mind" i chuckle.

once he got inside, he changed into dry clothes he had left here and we talked about the time difference and when we'd call and catch up.

i trust him, i believe we can make it work. the love we have for each other is too strong to let this ruin it. it'll make our love stronger.