Him and Me

Story Description: 

Kayla Johnson has lived a good high school life. She is relatively liked by everyone, and she tries to be nice and civil to everyone in return. Besides with Tyler Simmons, Kayla has never found true friendship though. When a certain green-eyed boy ruffled her feathers the first day he set foot on her school, the ice princess inside her surfaced. Colby Mariano is an arrogant, full-of-himself badass. That's what Kayla thought. Then they had to spend a considerable amount of time together, much to Kayla's dismay. What she didn't realize was Colby Mariano might be a person who can offer genuine friendship, maybe even more.

My Opinion:

I enjoyed how this story truly showed the friendship unfolding between Kayla and Colby. I love so many of the things said in this book. It never felt rushed or unrealistic; it was completely natural. 

The epilogue was also wonderful; it was the perfect way to end their story.

Loved it.

So, because of that other quote by Agatha Christie quote I posted on the 'it all started with an apple' chapter, I decided it would be cool if I posted a quote to end each chapter from some really great authors. I might be moving the Agatha Christie quote and replace it with a different one, so don't be surprised if you don't see it there.

Anyway, here's a C.S. Lewis quote for you:

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."