Chapter 20: Final preparations

Hello everyone!

Long time not hearing from me i know (*꒦ິ꒳꒦ີ)

I am trying to slowly start back on writing since... well... I want to finish this story and I had a rush of inspiration these days.
But I am unfortunately still very busy and graduation is around the corner.

I hope you will still enjoy this (short) chapter full of...chemical stuff...

HAVE FUN :D

________________________________

You all keep working hard on synthesizing the treatments to cure the last 4 villains that were left wandering around the city. Having 3 Peter, all geniuses in the field of science and with each of them having alredy a vague idea on how to solve the problem that was afflicting the villains from their own universe... It was a huge advantage. And indeed not long after... you were almost done.
After finishing to boil the reagent that your Peter needed for Norman's remedy, you energetically go back to him, holding in your hand the flask while pulling up the goggles with the other one.

"Peter, the reagent is ready!"

You approach him and he steps away from the table after hearing you, looking at the flask in your hand and then again at you with a grin. He stands up, taking gently the flask from your hand and gives it a good final look before carefully pouring the reagent in the graduated burette. After emptying the glassware, he positions himself to start the reaction, moving his hand to the lever and glances at you. He notices your totally concentrated look on his hands, waiting patiently for him to push open the tube and for the drops to fall in the beaker. This was a crucial point for the symthesis of the antiserum: you needed enough drops to turn it green. But if one more drop fell down, you'd have to start over or find a way to reverse the overdose of the reaction.
After thinking for a second, Peter leaves the lever and steps away from the working table. You follow his hands with your eyes and see him pointing with his head and hands to the burette.

"Would you like to do the honors?"

You widen your eyes, darting them from him to the glassware while shaking your head. He was surely more experienced than you in this case and you certainly would not have wanted to risk ruining everything you worked for. The most important thing was to heal the others... Your ambitions could totally wait despite you really enjoyed putting your hands to work in the laboratory.

"N-nonono. I can't. I would surely mess it up and we will have to start it all over. We are so close to finish this."

You slightly recede from the lab table, still shaking your head in denial but Peter kept his ground, not moving near the burette and waiting patiently with his usual small smile.

"I know you won't mess up Y/n. You know why?"

He takes his stool and sits on it, taking off the goggles from his eyes. He then takes your stool and pats it, signing you to sit on it. You tilt your head and do as he wants, sitting right infront of him and also removing your goggles with a sigh.

"You probably don't trust yourself now, don't have enough confidence in your abilities. But what if... "

He stops for a second, glancing around him as to see if someone was eavesdropping your conversation. He then leans towards you with a hand to his cheek covering his mouth, as if he wanted to tell you a secret. You also look around and instinctively lean as he does, curious of what secret he was about to tell you.

"What if I told you that...The grown up you is actually a chemical expert?"

He pats your knee as he wishpers that, while you look at him gawking as you hear him say that.