Chapter 4

Sorry for not uploading in a while!

This is quite short, but I have a lot more free time now, so I'll be uploading again soon hopefully!

This chapter is on the short side, but i'll be adding more to it in the next few days, so keep a look out!

Feedback please!

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of a thump.

Kasey groaned from the floor. “Charlotte- that wasn’t nice.”

“Nor was your damn snoring!” sang Charlotte.

“I do not snore!” gasped Kasey.

“Nope- I have proof.”

She reached down onto my bedroom floor- which was a mess- and brought up my phone, and after touching the screen a few times, she showed us a video of Kasey, her arm over her forehead, her mouth hanging open with very loud snores coming out from her mouth.

I laughed, looking at Kasey, who was just staring at the phone.

“Very lady- like isn’t it? What have ye got to say to thou ladylikeness?” Charlotte said poshly.

“Gimme that!” Kasey snatched the phone from Charlotte, probably to delete it.

Charlotte lay back down, “Don’t worry best friend- I have one on my phone as well.”

I rolled my eyes, bringing my sheets over, picking a pillow from my floor.

My friends- such different personalities- but exactly the same.  

I drove to school- arguing with Kasey and Charlotte who won the pillow fight.

Kasey gets out of the car, and after seeing her boyfriend, Jeremy, she waves at us and walks off to him.

“Okay Kase! We’ll see you later then! Thanks!” Charlotte calls after her.

Kasey just turns and blows her a kiss.

I smiled happily. Today was going to be a good day.

I walked in with Kasey and Charlotte, taking a seat up the back.

I knew Eric had Geography, so I was glad when Kasey and Charlotte took the seats on either sides of me- no place for him to sit.

“You know I’d start to think we aren’t important to you anymore- ditcher.” Charlotte smiled towards Kasey.

“Hey, I love you guys, but seriously Jeremy is hot.”

I burst out laughing.

Really, Kasey’s new boyfriend Jeremy wasn’t that attractive. He was in the football team (of course) but really, not very ‘hot’.

“You have a laugh!?” came an incredulous voice.

I looked up to see Eric, eyebrows raised, looking at me.

“Seriously Eric! That’s just mean! Of course she has a laugh!”

“Sorry Kasey- she always just gives me the cold face, is all.”

Just then, the teacher walked in, and everybody took their seats.

“Bye Ric! See you later!” my so- called- best- friends chorused.

I looked at them.

“He’s a nice guy Liz!”

“He thought I didn’t have a laugh.”

“You haven’t laughed in front of him! Come to think of it, why don’t you like him? You don’t know him that well, do you?”

I didn’t answer, because I didn’t have an answer to that.

“Hey Liz can I drive? Please? I’ve been waiting forever to drive your car!”

I threw Charlotte my keys and she squealed as she got into the driver seat.

“Thank you! I swear I will drive safe!”

Kasey laughed, “That’s right, I forgot about your amazing driving skills- it really is a wonder how you got your driving license.”

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I looked at the caller ID.

Unknown number.

I pulled it to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Hey sweetheart, it’s me.” I froze.

Crap. I’d forgotten about my mother.

There was a loud silence, then a muffling noise, and my mother spoke, “I’m going to be coming home for a visit soon, and I have someone I want to introduce you to.” Her voice slightly cracked when she said and, but I ignored it.

She was coming back. With someone.

“Okay, I’ll see you soon then.”

The line went dead.

The last time she came, she left in a hurry. She stayed the night, and left early in the morning.

I remembering hearing her softly crying from her room, and then at about 4am when I woke up, she was up as well, making some coffee, with dark circles under her eyes. That was a few months ago.

And now she calls and tells me that she’s coming for a visit with somebody.

“Hey Liz?” I jump as Kasey clicks in front of my face, she lets out a breath of relief, “Lizzie in Wonderland!”

I plastered a smile on my face.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday nights is my day where I take a break from outside activities.

Catch up with homework, watch a movie, anything I feel like.

I just felt like lazing around- which caught me by surprise as I usually will catch up on homework or do something productive, but no, I just felt like some Ferrero Rochers and TV, though really, I couldn’t concentrate on Modern Family, I just thought about how much I missed my mother.

Friday morning, I was out of it. I didn’t really know why.

I was slightly worried about who my mother was bringing to see me though. Would he be a replacement father?

Surely my mother wouldn’t do that.

School just went by Economics and English Literature being the easiest to get through with my friends there, but slowly but surely, Eric was beginning to let me be.

I had been free of his cocky comments.

That’s how the weekend went as well.

I spent Saturday at Charlotte’s- where the main topic was how nice Eric was- and went to church on Sunday.

The usual weekend.

I had a few assignments due, I completed those, and studied a little, and went to bed, once again wondering when my mother would be coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Easter guys! Hope you had as many Rochers as I did ;)

Feedback please!

If you like it, maybe vote or fan?

Thank you!