Chapter Fourteen - The Party

Friday Morning …..

    “Chris! We’re going to be late!” I screamed from the bottom of the stairs. Chris was mad at me for some odd reason and hasn’t talked to me since Wednesday, but had been acting weird since Monday when I beat the shit out of John.

 Chris rushed down the stairs and stopped at the bottom, pulling on his shoes. When he walked past me I reached for his hand, but he pulled away. I felt my anger boil.

“What the fuck ever Chris!”  I hissed.

  We went all day not talking to each other. I found Ashley after school at her locker. She turned away from her laughing friends and faced me. A fake smile plastered across her lips. I sighed, I had a feeling I was going to regret this.

“When’s the party?” I asked. Her smile got bigger.

“Tonight. It starts at eight.” She told me, before I started to walk away. “Oh and Adam,!” I turned to face her. “Glad to have you back!” I waved it off and found my way to my class.

                                                                  ~  

Chris didn’t talk to me when I got into the car. 

“I’m going to the party later.” I said not looking at him. I could feel him staring at me.

“Good.” He said startling me. I looked at him in shock. I wasn’t ready for him to just give up. I wanted him to put up a fight. At least then, I’d know he cared; he just said good and went back to watching the trees pass by out the window.

Something’s wrong here.  A voice nagged at the back of my mind, but I swatted it away.

  We got home and Chris went into his room and locked the door behind him.  I sat on the couch, watching the clock and thinking. What did I do to piss him off this bad. He was the one who wanted me to go.  

   “Bye!” I screamed as I walked out the front door. There was nothing but absolute silence. I rolled my eyes as I got into my car, and drove off. I could hear the loud music from around the block. It made me smile as I searched for a parking space.

  An hour later, I made my way up to the front door. Loud drunk girls were grouped around each other laughing hysterically. Everyone was having fun, laughing like a bunch of hyenas, falling over each other in their drunken idiocy. A girl with brown hair saw me; her and her friends rushed over.

“Ashley is looking for you.”  Of course she is. I was handed a red cup with beer sloshing out the rim and pulled through the house. I saw a table full of random food items and I got a weird feeling. I would have stopped to think on it if the girl wouldn’t have kept pulling me along. I stumbled after her as she pulled me to a blunt stop in front of Ashley’s big ass hot tub. She was sitting by the edge holding a plate of mini sandwiches in one hand and a beer in the other. I didn’t take Ashley as a beer drinking type. Vodka is more her style.

“Adam!” She jeered jumping up to press her wet body to mine. She kissed me, and I pulled away.

“Ashley you’re trashed.”

“So.” She smiled as if it was no big deal, and to her it never was. “Join me!” I shook my head, but she was pulling my shirt off already causing some of the other girls to “Ohh and ahh” I mean really? Half of them had dates. Ashley wrapped her arms around me telling the other girls I was already taken. I finished off the rest of my beer and sat my cup down. Ashley had pulled me half way into the warm bubbling water already, while trying to get my pants off. I looked around the room at the people who were now staring at us. I was so not drunk enough for this yet.