19. GOLDEN SUN

GOLDEN SUN

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

SERSI ENDED UP BEING THE ONE THAT FOUND HER. Druig had knocked out Sprite, so there were no more obstacles for Sersi as she stumbled upon the sight of Akoi limping with blood pouring from her wound. Immediately, Sersi was worried for her friend, but Akoi brushed her off and assured her that it would be fine. The only thing they needed to focus on was getting this done so that the celestial couldn't destroy the earth.

So Sersi agreed, but she admitted that she did not know what to do. She had discovered that she had greater power, just like Akoi had, but she did not know how to use it.

Akoi didn't know either, but what she did know was that if anybody could do this, it was Sersi. Sweet and compassionate Sersi, who had more love for the humans than even Akoi.

Whatever it was, Akoi told Sersi that she had to try, and that if she had to die protecting her then so be it.

With this, Sersi began to try something out and touched her hand to the blooming celestial, trying to use her powers to create a layer of ice over it.

Akoi watched her intensely, and even she could tell that it wasn't enough. Sersi needed more power.

"We need the bracelets," Akoi suddenly realized. "Where are they? Do you have them?"

Sersi quickly fumbled with something and then she nodded as she retrieved a bracelet. She had taken it for Akoi just in case. Akoi was grateful, and she slid the material on her wrist already feeling the power flowing through her veins as she connected with her fellow Eternals.

Sersi did the same, and without warning, the two began to rise in the air. A golden link formed between them, going up into the sky and linking with four others.

Akoi smiled as she realized that Makkari, Phastos, Druig and Thena were okay. But then her smile quickly diminished as she felt something hard hit her once again.

Ikaris hadn't knocked her out this time, but he had knocked her out of the sky, and Akoi landed harshly on the surface of the arising celestial.

She grunted, squinting her eyes at Ikaris who landed right beside her, both of his eyes narrowed and glowing orange.

"Sersi," He looked directly at his companion and shook his head, noticing the ice beneath his feet. "Stop this. You cannot do this because you love one human. You cannot prevent billions of other lives being created just because you're not willing to sacrifice one."