《 Chapter 7: Situation: Grim 》

In New Yoke City, the rebels could be seen firing off lasers against the Eggforcers.

"New Yoke City isn't quite how I remember it." Sonic said before running off.

Knucks could be seen punching the Eggforcer when he stopped to see him.

"Sonic?"

He jumps off the robot and glares at him.

"Never thought I'd see your smug mug again. Where were you? Where's Iris?"

Knucks spins off two bots. Rusty Rose could be seen on the ledge, recording with her right robot eye while dodging the flying Eggforcer. Suddenly, a portal appears above the sky and Gwen goes falling. Her jungle outfit turns back to her normal red suit outfit.

"Ahhhh!!!"

Hearing her scream, Sonic and Knucks looks up. Rusty Rose looks up as well.

"Iris Gwen detected."

Gwen then crashes onto Knucks.

"Oof!!"

"Ow!!"

Gwen rubs her head in pain and was about to apologize when she freezes to see Knucks underneath her.

"K-Knucks?!" she shouted in shock, blushing at the position they're in.

"Iris?! You're alive?!" he shouted back, blushing as well.

"Again, it's Gwen!"

They quickly got off of each other while dodging lasers.

"If you're here then..."

Gwen looks around the city, to the rebels, the robots, and others. She groans, facepalming herself.

"Great..."

She shoots electricity bolt at the Eggforcers after taking their energy and exploding them as pieces of the bots are scattered to the ground. More Eggforcers approaches as Gwen keeps electrifying them while dodging the lasers. Sonic kicks off the bots as Knucks helps out.

"Dude, me and sis have zero intention of leaving you. We touched the Shard and we got zipped into another world with another you fighting another battle."

"Sonic, fight first, talk later! You forget that those Eggman families have eyes and ears everywhere!" Gwen scolded, kicking off the bots.

"Shard? You mean that energy crystal thingy Gwen tried to grab before she disappeared?" Knucks asked, recalling it.

"Yeah. That."

Knucks, Sonic, and Gwen hit more bots. Rusty keeps recording them while looking a little surprised to hear what Sonic just said.

"Shard?"

"Anyway, super stoked to be back to help with whatever the heck's going on here. Where's Nine? I gotta pick his brain about this other Shard we found." Sonic said.

Gwen immediately snaps at hearing his name and turns.

"NO! WE ARE NEVER GOING TO SEE THAT TRAITOR!!"

Sonic and Knucks flinches at her sudden tone.

"Whoa! Sis! What's with you?"

Gwen ignores him and fights out more bots as she brings out her futuristic ice sword.

"Like I said, we'll talk later after this!"

"She's right and I ought to be asking you the same question." Knucks asked, looking not as happy about Nine. "Now do me a solid and pipe down. I got shells to crack."