01.35 AM

01.35 AM

"He poisoned the well, I was lyin' to myself
I knew it from the first Old Fashioned, we were cursed
We never had a shotgun shot in the dark"

Shit, shit, shit.

The way he steps closer to me as he sings the chorus of Holy Grail alongside my 'I-think-I'm-kinda-tipsy-but-I-still-remember-I-have-boyfriend' self, the voices in my head are screaming due to the fact that this man is undeniably hot, moreover with his curly bangs that touch his thick eyebrows. I can smell the taste of his perfume right behind me, it's Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt, he smells that fresh with the burst of salty sea air, fresh linen, and a mineral-type scent associated with the salty sea air.

I'm freezing for a moment as he reaches out his hand to shake mine. My eyes are observing him from head to toe and I will be lying if I'm telling that I don't fall for his seductive eyes that meet mine, those bright blue eyes with paint of his little smile and dimples, making him look attractive even more under my subconsciousness.

I have always loved guys with dimples as it is the sweetener of their smiles and I can't lie that Luke has the best dimples.

Realizing how long I have observed him with my eyes, I shake my head to get back from my subconsciousness from thinking about how much I can fall for the guy in front of me whose physical look is really attractive – and my type of guy, I can tell. My lips are stretched, painting a smile with my maroon lipstick on my face as I shake his hand. "I'm Michelle," I say loudly, hoping that he can listen to me clearly. Well, my name is Jeanne Michelle Moore. As much as I adore the face of this stranger from 5 Seconds of Summer, I will not let him know my real name or at least what people usually call me.

Instead of nodding his head after hearing my name, he brings his face closer to mine, making my lips placed beside his left ear as he still holds my hand. "I'm sorry, what's your name again? I can't hear you clearly, the music's too loud!"

My lips touch his earlobe, making me shiver a little once I recognize how close we are right now. "Michelle! I'm Michelle, nice to meet you," I introduce myself to him, trying to be as nice as I can be, hoping that tonight I'm just going to have a dance with him and nothing further will happen.

He gives me a little hug as he whispers, "What do you do?"

"I'm still a university student! I'm a law student at NYU," I explain. "I have just done my International Criminal Law paper for my final test."

"That sounds creepy," he comments as I giggle a little.

He is still as close as before, our cheeks touch each other as we talk through each other's ears, and his lips are on my earlobe as well. "Don't do anything to me tonight or I will get you in jail," I say clearly, trying to joke around about my major.

That being said, he pulls his body away from me, and his feet move one step back, making a little space between us. Both of his hands are in the air, he shakes his head slowly but keeps locking his eyes on mine. "I'm not touching you," he says, pursing the left corner of his lips with his eyebrows upward.

Being touched when I'm on the dance floor is the forbidden law that is stipulated under my unwritten law whenever I'm in a relationship – especially with Liam. Liam is not a big partier; he usually goes to parties to connect with people and build connections. Exactly the polar opposite of me. However, when it comes to Luke Hemmings, I can't resist the fact that without trying to seduce me with his words or actions, Luke catches my attention, making me crave something more.

I still can't believe that I meet Luke Hemmings in real life. For real. To say the least, even though I'm not a huge fan, I know him when he's still wearing that lip ring, fringe-up hairstyle, red-black flannel, and ripped skinny jeans. He was the part of best celebrity crush back in 2014, though.

Who can resist Luke Hemmings?

I love the way Luke doesn't even touch me when I'm not consented to, even though I can tell it through his eyes that he's already intoxicated. So here he is, standing in front of me singing along to the songs that we know and I'm mesmerized by his voice.

The veins in his neck pop out when he sings, symbolizing how much fun he's having right now. He doesn't even touch me; we're just singing and dancing along.

The next moment, I can feel his lips on my face, making our cheeks are touching each other again. "Am I going to jail if I wrap my hands around your shoulder?" Luke asks.

I'm certainly doing my best to resist, but Luke is too good to be missed out. "According to Article 2242 paragraph 3 United States Federal Criminal Code, if it's not under my consent, then you're going due to sexual abuse."

"So, you do not consent?"

It takes me almost one minute to think, debating with myself whether or not I should take this chance. The clock is ticking, the daylight is about to come and I think I will never see him again. My feet take a step back from Luke, so our cheeks don't touch anymore. My smile starts to creep in when I tangle my arms around his neck along with The Weeknd's Can't Feel My Face starts to play by the DJ.

"I love The Weeknd!" I tell Luke out loud.

He giggles a little. "I love The Weeknd too!" he says as he's doing feedback on my movement, placing his fingers around my hips, and gripping them gently.

"What's your favorite of The Weeknd's songs?"

"Mine's Die for You, you?"

Shit. That's basic. "I don't know, too many," I answer. "But I think it's Hurt You."

"Cool," he responds.

We sing along to Can't Feel My Face, he pulls my waist closer to his, decreasing the physical distance between us as I can feel his breath whenever he sings right in front of my face. I tighten my grip around his neck, resting my head on his chest so he bent slightly to rest his head on top of mine. Indulging passionate physical affection, I believe that we will not see each other again by tomorrow morning.

"You look so pretty, I'm fucking lucky to have this dance with you tonight," Luke whispers.

"Well, I love your perfume."

"Ouch, thank you," he replies. "You're so fucking gorgeous and smart I believe."

"Thanks," I reply. "You look attractive and I love your voice."

"Thank you, most people say that," he says. "But it becomes special when a pretty girl like you says that."

Shit.

This is the most mesmerizing and confusing guilty pleasure I have ever had for five years in a relationship with Liam.

***