Assembly

Chapter 37

"Who the hell are you guys?" asked Williams in disbelief as he stepped through the door carrying his box of FBI files.

"I'm Doctor Brian Obsidian," said the first suited man. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Major Bradley Williams. What are you doing?"

"We are securing the site and gathering scientific evidence," said Obsidian. "You are not permitted in here."

"The hell I am not," shouted Williams.

"Are you with Colonel Matheson's group?

"Yes. Who they hell let you in here?"

"We are part of Allen Spoetzl's team. What's in the box?"

"FBI files," replied Williams as he watched the other two suited figures walk around the objects taking pictures.

"You might want to take those around to the other door. We have the file room closed off from the hanger."

"Are those infared cameras?" asked Williams as he set down the box and walked over to the computers and monitors arranged on the workbench.

"We have one regular camera and one infrared. We will be conducting a full spectrum analysis as soon as the rest of our equipment arrives."

"Why didn't we think of that?" said Williams as his phone rang.

"Hello, Major Williams here," said Williams as he turned away from Obsidian and answered his phone.

"Hi Major, This is Jacques. I'm just outside your hanger now," said the voice on the phone.

"Great. I'll be right out to let you in."

Williams ended the call and went to the door to look for Jacques Becus.

"Thanks for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice," said Becus once Williams had found him wandering around outside the hanger. "Like I said, I was collecting some aircraft samples from a boneyard in Nevada and thought that I would stop on by."

"It is a bit of a drive," said Williams as he led Becus to the side door of the hanger.

"It was a bit further than I had anticipated."

"I figured you might have been concerned when Neil was sent back."

"I am a bit concerned that he has been denied access to the objects."

"We do have certain safety concerns," replied Williams as he paused before opening the door.

"Safety concern?" asked Becus. "We've each had these objects for how many years now, why are you concerned about safety now?"

"I'm not sure, it wasn't my decision," said Williams as he opened the door. "There have been a few changes from the folks above my pay scale."

"Who is this?" asked Obsidian as he turned towards the opening door.

Becus stepped through the door and was stunned by the sight of the bright lights, plastic sheeting and men in white jumpsuits.

"This would be Jacques Becus from the Canadian Research Council," said Williams as he made introductions. "Now if you two can excuse me, I have work to do."

"Is he authorized to be here?" demanded Obsidian.

"I had better be," said Becus, "Otherwise, I'm taking my chunk and going home."

"As you wish, I guess," said Obsidian before turning back to the two other men. "I'll have to discuss this with Allen when he come here."

"Will Allen Spoetzl be here to see the Pacific object?" Williams asked Obsidian.