Chapter 20 - Ellie

It has been a few weeks since California, and Flynn and I have spent every night together since.

He never lets me leave his side for longer than I need to. Everyone at work is starting to figure it out, and it makes my stomach knot, but I push those thoughts aside because today is a big day.

 Frankie's photo shoot is finally here, which means we are ready to launch in a few days. I walk into the studio to see a very shirtless Frankie oiled up, holding a hockey stick in one hand while his free hand hangs off the belt loop of his jeans. I must admit that he looks incredibly handsome, but not like Flynn. He's handsome in the boy-next-door kind of way.

Frankie sees me standing at the door and smiles brightly, waving me over. 

"There she is." He says.

"This is awesome; I'm officially a cover model." Frankie winks and strikes a Zoolander pose.

I notice half the female staff drooling, which causes me to laugh.

"You're doing amazingly, very natural; I just wanted to check in and see how everything was tracking."

"Is that the only reason you're here?" Frankie smirks, and the hopeful look in his eye makes me feel guilty.

"Look, Frankie... I know we haven't seen each other since California, but there's been a lot happening, and I'm sorry, but I can't go out with you." I look up at him through my eyelashes and bite my lip, scared to see his reaction, hoping he doesn't take this to heart.

Frankie rubs the back of his head. "It's okay, El, I kind of figured." He shrugs.

"You did?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah, when Flynn went caveman at dinner, I put two and two together and knew something must have been happening between you."

I flush from embarrassment. 

"I'm so embarrassed. I'm sorry."

Frankie pulls me in for a side hug, careful not to get the oil on his chest and arms all over my dress. "Don't be. He's a lucky man." 

I nod, unsure of what to say.

"But El. If he ever fucks up. You know where I'll be." He winks, but I can see he's not kidding.

I nod once more, thanking him again for everything and walk out the door, making my way to see the man that holds my heart in his hands with a smile on my face.