The war is already started

The war was raging everywhere. Nobody could escape it. The people who have survived couldn't do it any longer without a miracle.

The sun at its peak shines over the devasted lands. The moon is almost no more capable of reflecting the light to the scorched Earth. Some bushes succeed to survive in these so difficult conditions whereas the crowns of the trees were going to fall apart, then crush to the ground and finally give up their effort to survive.

In the not yet destructed part of the continent, the people weren't afraid. The invasion was coming from the south, where the well-known conquering Empire stands. The folks, living in the north, knew what the war was about: freedom and equality. The Emperor wanted for everyone peace, a bright future and a good life earned by work and determination. He despises the power given to the noble and wishes every commoner to get the rewards they deserve. Even so, it's strange. How can a war bring freedom, equality and even peace to the people? The answer is pretty simple, and every member of the nation knew it: the war couldn't make their situation worse. Disrespected, forgotten, strangers for the higher families; that's what the people have become. Surviving in the dust, fighting for some piece of bread, struggling to make their voices count to the knights who are supposed to protect them. It's the daily life of the less privileged kind of human. At least, elsewhere than in the Empire.

The King was preparing himself for battle. Some soldiers went back from recognition and saw how fast the imperial army was moving. It was known for its strength, courage, technique, and the best : it's values. The Emperor asked his knights to kill no commoner, to violate no people, to steal nobody. The imperial soldiers were humans, despite the battle they were taking part in. The King, not far from his throne, had his spear in the hand. His ministers were around him, begging so he would stop wanting to kill himself his opponent. The two monarchs know well the other: they have grown in the same palace after all.

"You shouldn't go fight the Emperor my King", weeps one of his minister.

"I don't care of what I should do or not" replies loudly the monarch. " I'll kill him, for what he did to my father. No matter what"

"My King..." sobs another minister, while the future fighter was already outside. "The war is getting to far..."

"The war is what it is." declares the general of the monarch. "It's either the King or the Emperor who will lead the continent."