Chapter 43: Untold Stories

"It's shameless to say this, but despite of what Yibo's father had done to him and his previous wife and what's currently happening in between his wife and his mistress. I cannot bring myself to hate my son."

Zhan's body stiffened after hearing Grandma Wang's words. The stitching sticks in his hand halted kneading threads. He looked at the old woman who had a dejected expression on her face. He saw her even clenching her fists and even biting her own lips. Her already small figure shrank even more due to the embarrassment that she might be feeling right now. Zhan's lips curved up into a smile, not to mock the old lady but because he admired her, having the courage to admit such a thing.

He fully understood what she feels right now. Grandma Wang had a right to feel that way. Everyone had the right to have different views and reactions to everything. For it all of us will behave all the same... Where's the freedom it in? We will all be oblige to follow or act the same reaction which is not healthy or just for every person.

She had the right to feel that way. Zhan is a mother himself. He gave birth to two babies. Of course, he can relate to her. How could a mother hate her/his own child? That cannot be. Even the whole world does, he/she cannot.

"I understand Grandma. I understand what you feel. Human beings were  emotionally driven creatures after all. If we could no longer feel any emotions, whatever it maybe..."- Zhan paused stated seriously but later flashed a dashing smile before speaking again. "Then it's just like we are not different from machines, right?"

This time Grandma Wang paused, taken aback by his words but then after recovering, the old woman burst in laughter.

"Yes, you're definitely right... A-zhan."

Zhan smiled and continued stitching bonnets and gloves for Meixing and Yichen. He's challenging himself to do something different instead of sticking to the usual scarfs that he was used to make in the past.

Hearing the truth, the other side of the story from Grandma Wang's mouth. Zhan felt perplexed. He didn't know if he should pity the old woman or sympathize his husband more.

Hearing that Yibo's Uncle tried poisoning him the moment Grandpa Wang showed interest to give the title of being the head of Wang's household to Yibo, this brewing feeling of anger slowly increasing inside of him. To think that Yibo experienced that at a young age, is definitely worth to make anyone feels the emotion that wanted to break free from within him.

That was the reason why Yibo became a picky eater. He thought that his alpha was almost like that but the real reason for him to feel that way... because of his own Uncle   and to think that his father didn't do anything about it makes him even more angrier. To the point that Yibo's nephew was rushed to the hospital. For unknowingly consuming the poisoned-food that was supposed to be for his husband.

He cannot get angry at the Wangs especially toward Grandpa and Grandma Wang. They were torn between their sons or their grandson. It was also the reason why Grandpa Wang cut ties with Yibo's father to avoid any more accidents and confrontations between the two.

Lifting his gaze, his eyes met Yibo's. The man was walking towards them, holding both Meixing and Yichen in his arms. His eyes widened. He knew that his husband had this unbelievable strength but enable to do something like this? Carrying a 5 years old kid and 3 years old toddler in his arms without even expressing any signs of  difficulties is something worth admiring and commending for...

"They fell asleep playing with Xiaobao."

Zhan chuckled. Putting his stitching kit aside and approached his family. He was supposed to take Yichen from Yibo's hold but the alpha shook his head. Instead, he leaned forward and then kissed his forehead.