7: TASTE OF FREEDOM💥

.
.
.
.
.
...7...

TASTE OF FREEDOM💥

The meeting ended exactly five days later, lasting a week and two days with her all set for her sixth escape which she meant to carry out that day. The bimonthly meeting usually ended with a lunch banquet to entertain the royalties. The lunch banquet was that day. She had chosen that day because everyone would be too busy wining and dining to smell any kind of rat. She ate everything that was served that morning for breakfast happily. The emperor watched her with a satisfied look. He was glad that she was gradually settling in. She was talkative that morning, chatting with him, prompting him to speak with questions and comments after another. Although it was a bit tiring, he liked the new lively her. It simply meant that she was already adjusting to life in the Linamine palace.

The lunch banquet began about thirty minutes before noon in the hosting hall. Invitations had been sent formally to the seven royal leaders despite the announcement at the last day of the meeting. Everyone could or could not attend -as they wished. It was not a compulsory event. It was just a sort of closure. But, no one liked to Miss such. The emperor had sent her an invitation with a pretty ankle length emerald gown -the colour of her eyes. He had instructed Hyeera to make her pretty. The maid had done her makeup, doing nothing much. It was just something light. She had applied some kohl to her eyes to highlight green eyes. A light dab of pink lip rouge and cheek rouge followed to accentuate her rich glowing bronze skin. The green long sleeved gown had a round neck. It fit till her waist, flaring out into an A-line. Her oxblood hair was washed and styled then made into a heavy chignon, very heavy for her hair was past bra length, making her look simple but sumptuous. He had received her at the top of the stairs from Hyeera.

'You look good enough to eat right now,' he said to her in a low voice when she was afore him. She smiled. He also looked same, devastatingly handsome, tempting like sin.

'You do not look bad either,' she managed to say despite the tongue tying effect he was having on her. He gave Hyeera an appreciative glance.

'Thank you; you have done a good job. She looks breath taking, drop dead gorgeous,' he admitted. Hyeera smiled at the appraisal.

'You flatter me too much my lord,' Hyeera answered modestly. He smiled but didn't bother to reply her. He took the lady's hand, leading her down the stairs to the banquet.

The banquet went well. The guests were kept entertained with lunch and dancers, drummers, sword dancers, jokers and lastly singers. They sang quite beautifully. Halfway through the event, she feigned sickness, the first part of her escape plan. It worked wonderfully.

'My lady, are you alright?' Xiera asked her when she noticed that her lady hadn't been talking much or eating at all. She sat slumped in her chair. It made her look weak.

'I don't know,' she said with a wince, hoping she was convincing enough. 'I have a headache. I just need to lie down for a while I suppose.'

'I'll soon escort you to your bedroom,' her escort said. 'I have to inform the emperor first.' She left to hunt him. She was back in a jiffy with him.

'Mine, are you alright? Shall I send for the physician?' he asked her, genuinely worried. She suddenly felt guilty for putting him in knots.

'It's just a headache. I only need to sleep a little and I'll be totally fine. It maybe because I was up all night reading novels,' she said to pacify him. He believed her.