𝖎☞ 𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘐𝘎𝘖𝘓𝘋

I: MARIGOLD!

I: MARIGOLD!

"the marigold flower symbolises purity, divinity, and the connection of life and death."

RACHEL QUICKLY STUMBLED out of bed and rushed as she dressed. today was special.
at least it was for her. today rachel's best friend and neighbour, artemis, would be taking her to the arcade near her house.

it may have seemed basic or like she was exaggerating, but it was very important to her. she was only brought to the arcade every month or so.

her parents would never dare to set foot in an "electronic store" that was "rotting kids brains", according to her parents. they may be hippies but they still had their own morals.
so now it was a scarce event for the dark haired girl and her neighbour, to venture out beyond the buckley household.

at 7:00 a clock sharp, rachel climbed out her window on to her roof to reach artemis' awning. this was something rachel had done all her life. whether it was to escape her overbearing parents or to avoid awkward situations with their "hippie cult".

as she arrived at her friend's balcony, she looked back at her own window she had just escaped off of, only to see her older sisters wide, chocolate eyes staring into her own. the look of shock was something only the child mind could explain as "flabbergasted".

"oh shit." rachel thought, "i'm so dead."

nevertheless, she journeyed on, as rachel buckley was never one to back out of anything.

hopping on to the balcony at last, she knocked three times on the door. immediately, rachel saw the golden blonde locks of artemis thorns, who appeared in the window of her veranda.

"rach! your here! any cuts, bruises?" the soft yet stern voice of the girl always warmed rachel's heart. "hey? you good?" she clearly was aware of rachel's stressed stance.

"uh, yeah, um, so- robin saw me climb on your balcony and I don't know what to do!" the buckley girl said, barely taking a breath.

"woah, woah, woah, okay, it's okay, just breathe." artemis was always able to keep the girl calm. rachel took a few deep breaths and nodded her head at the older girl.

"everything will be fine, besides, how many times have you caught robin sneaking out?" she quizzed the young girl.

"too many." rachel answered, shuddering as she was recounting for the different scenarios she had discovered her sister in.

"see! you'll be fineeeee." artemis dragged out the 'e' for dramatic effect, as she put her hands on the buckley's girls shoulders.
she may have not been the best influence on the dark haired girl, but neither of them could care less.

❥❥❥

THE RIDE TO THE ARCADE was uneventful as artemis drove far past the speed limit.
she wasn't exactly on the hawkins PD's good side but after she was a constant help to find the missing byers boy the year before, they couldn't say no to the girl. artemis had always been close with the byers, since she'd been working at melvald's general store for the past three years.