8

Panther
1 month later

I woke up to the sounds of monitors beeping loudly. Opening my eyes I saw a white room with no one else around. It was nice to be in a different area that wasn't the fucking bullet train. 

"Tangerine? Lemon?" I asked, trying to get up. The pain was too much for me to move. I heard the door open and was greeted by Tangerine running to my side

"Oh thank god you're alive." He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"How long was i out for?" I asked looking around.

"A month, love. We were worried you wouldn't wake up" I looked down and started to freak out. He noticed and took my hands in his

"Don't worry, the babies are fine." I looked at him with wide eyes

"What? Babies as in two?" I asked, not believing what he was saying. He nodded and laughed while showing me the sonogram pictures. 

"Oh, my god I'm having twins" I breathed out. My mind was reeling at this point. I moved over and had Tangerine sit on the bed next to me. 

"I was so scared Tang. I didn't know what would have happened. I mean really, I've been beaten, shot, and thrown around like crazy. I'm lucky I guess." I laughed. Tangerine was about to say something when my phone started going off. I apologized and quickly answered it.

"Ladybug informed me of your condition. If i knew you were pregnant i wouldn't have sent you on the train." It was Maria. I let out a sigh and laid back down on the hospital bed

"Don't worry about it, im alive aren't i? Plus i was under the impression it was a quick job. I wasn't expecting it to go off the rails." I looked over at Tangerine who started to walk toward the door. Giving him a look he quietly said he was gonna get someone, I nodded and let him go on his way. I watched as Ladybug walked into the room, It was nice to see him again.

"Let me call you back." I told Maria as I hung up the phone. 

"Nice to know you're doing better." He said, leaning against the wall. I let out a breathy chuckle

"I could be better but what can you do." He walked over to me and kept apologizing for everything that happened on the train.

"So, you ever go see a zen garden?" I asked. Ladybug just laughed. 

"No, still trying to figure out life I guess." He sighed, looking over at me

"You're a good partner, you know that?" He said, nudging my leg. I chuckled a bit.

"It's sad I won't be working with you anymore" I said as I put my hand on my stomach. He gave me a soft smile. 

"Good for you. God knows you need a break." Ladybug got up and kissed my head before leaving.

"Im sure we'll see each other again." I called out before he smiled and left the room. Leaning back in my bed I sat in silence.

"Liza? Holy hell are you okay? Lemon and Tangerine informed me on everything." My sister Ash came bounding into the room with Tang and Lemon on her tail. She looked me over and I had to push her away.

"Ash, I'm fine don't worry." I chuckled. 

"What are you doing here? I thought you would still be back home?" I asked, the reality of her being here finaly set in.

"Lemon called me and i booked a flight as soon as possible. Im using all of my holiday time to be here." It was nice to see her once more. The last time i saw her was at my wedding. We sat and talked about everything that had happened on the train. Tangerine had told us that Lemon had jumped off the train while I was passed out from my wound. There was a silence that loomed in the room. Ash slowly turned her head to look over at lemon.

"You did what?" She asked. Lemon sidesteped away from her. Tangerine walked up to him and ushered him and Ash out the door.

"I think they need to talk out there." He said. I laughed and tried to relax. Tangerine carefully laid next to me in the hospital bed. I drifted off into a relaxing sleep with the love of my life by my side.

Two years later

"Really lemon?" I asked walking into the living room. I saw Lizzy and Tanya sitting watching Thomas the tank engine. He tunred around and smiled at me.

"The girls seem to like it" he said getting up off the floor. The twins eyes were glued to the screen. Lizzy looked more like me and Tanya looked more like Tangerine. The twins were the light of my life.

"I said the same thing but what can ya do." Ash said, handing me a cup of coffee. Its been two years since the train op and i had the twins. We eventually moved back home and Ash and Lemon moved in with us. It felt nice to have the extra help. I was about to take a sip of coffee when the doorbell rang. Opening the door i found a package on the doorstep.

"Did anyone order anything?" I asked, walking in the house. Everyone looked at me and shook their heads. Looking at the label it had my name but no return address. I just stared at it, not sure if i wanted to open it.

"Whats that, love?" Tangerine asked, walking in with Lizzy on his hip. I shrugged my shoulder and slowly opened it. It was a painting of a panther with a ladybug on its paw. I smiled and tunred it around seeing writing on the back.

"Panther, it was an honor working with you. I wish you luck on your new journey. -Kimura"

I sighed and felt a tear well up in my eye. I took a shakey breath and instantly found a place to hang it up. Ill always have a reminder of my insane journey in Tokyo. I felt Tangerines arms wrap around my waist. I felt relaxed and content. I was knocked out of my thoughts by Tanya and Lizzy running around the house. Tangerine sighed and put his head on my shoulder.

"Ill go get them." He muttered while kissing my cheek. I heard him walk away but my eyes were still fixated on the painting. I had everything I needed in my life and I couldnt have been happier.