The Aftermath ⚪️

I felt I was in a black fog. There was nothing to interest my senses, just dark nothingness. I welcomed it, and floated through the dark mist in ignorance unsure how I found myself here. But, like most things, ignorance cannot last forever. My hearing was the first thing to return, slowly at first and then all at once. I could hear voices off to my left side. Pain bloomed in my chest as I realized who was there, Sorren.
He was talking to another wolf, I believe his Beta Jaden, although I couldn't be sure. I hadn't spent enough time with anyone else, other than Sorren and Francesca, to recognize their voices. "What happens now?" Jaden asked. It was quiet for a few moments. At this point I could open my eyes, however I wanted to hear what he had to say. What would happen now?
"I guess we continue on as before." Sorren concluded. Yes, continue on playing this twisted game of house. "She hated me before, she hates me now. Nothing has changed in that regard." Sorren said. "The only thing added is this pain from the bond which both of us feel." I couldn't deny he was right, the pain that bloomed in my chest burned white hot.
"Perhaps the pain will make her submit to you?" Jaden asked. Sorren was quick to answer "No. She will fight it until it consumes us both." He said in a bitter tone. "She is the only one that can fix this, by willingly submitting to me in all aspects. She will never do that." He said. Jaden then spoke up "I apologize Sorren." He said. "Perhaps if this pain dulls enough over time, I can secure a mate who is actually fit to be Luna." Jaden spoke up "Sorren, Calla was made for you and you for her by the moon goddess, to ignore that completely-" Sorren wanted none of that "Calla has given me no choice. I have sat idly uncaring of finding a Luna for long enough." Perhaps that meant I would be free to go home and I could put all of this wolfy nonsense behind me.
It was quiet after that, I suppose both men had nothing else to say to each other about the subject. "You know what sleeping with another wolf will do to the both of you, to her." Jaden concluded. Sorren made an irritated noise and Jaden stood "I'll go get Azalea. She should be waking up soon." I then heard Jaden leave which left Sorren and I alone.
His fingers brushed my cheek bone softly going over the gash. I kept still, his touch so gentle that no pain resulted from the touch of the injury. He then moved his attention to my left hand which laid closest to him. Sorren turned my hand over and touched the bandages which covered the cuts there softly. He sighed deeply and I believe was about to speak, but Azalea arrived.
"Any signs she is waking up?" She asked. "Her heart beat sped up, but she has not moved." Sorren said. I heard Azalea move closer "She should be coming out of it soon." She said. I heard her rummage through her bag and then my eye lid was being pulled back a light was being shined into it. I pulled away groaning and began the Oscar-worthy performance of "waking up". I closed my eyes and blinked then open a few times.
It seemed so bright and I brought my hands up to rub my eyes. When I finally opened them I found Sorren sat beside the bed with presumably Azalea next to him. "Hello Calla, how do you feel? Any nausea?" She asked me. I shook my head no and she nodded "How about your injuries, your cuts. Any pain?" Again I shook my head "Well you should eat something, I can make you some toast and eggs, it's best to eat lightly after taking medicine like that."
Again I nodded my voice caught in my throat from the intense stare Sorren was giving me. "I'll leave you two alone." Azalea said taking her bag and disappearing from the room. I watched her leave and slowly turned to Sorren. We stared at each other for a few moments his dark eyes raked over my face and my green ones did the same to him. "You have inflicted this pain upon us indefinitely." He said "Rejecting a mate bond, have you any idea what you've done?"
  "What I've done?" I began "What you've done!" I exclaimed angrily. His hands balled in his lap. "I have shown you nothing but kindness." He said. "Kindness to your prisoner." I rebutted and Sorren scoffed. "I hide you because you aren't strong enough to lead my pack. You would be overwhelmed, I do it for you." He said "My weakness is just magnified by my humanity right?"
"Maybe I should just change you into a half blood. This humanity seems to be the root of all the problems." He exclaimed angrily. "You are the problem." I exclaimed matter of fact. Sorren stood angered and I pushed myself away from him wincing at the pain in my hands. Sorren growled as I put distance between us. "Enough with this terror!" He exclaimed frustrated. His loud voice made me flinch seeming to add to his annoyance.
"I just want to go home." I said desperately. "You will be never go home again." He said resolutely "When you replace me with a wolf and then I can." Realization dawned on his face "That was a private conversation." He said angrily "Perhaps have it in private then." I challenged.
Sorren's features darkened "You will never go home. I will replace you, but you will be kept here under my care indefinitely. You cannot be trusted to take care of yourself, look what you did." He exclaimed gesturing to my injured hands. "You are a selfish man." Sorren scoffed and turned to leave "Azalea will bring you food. You will eat it." He said sternly. He made it to the door and I had one last thing to add to the exchange "I was mistaken. You're not a man at all, you are a boy." Sorren opened the door and harshly slammed it behind him.
I was correct on the assumption of just how far his kindness would stretch. After running from him, I'd expected as such especially after rejecting him.