YCSM Old Chapters 2 - 19

CHAPTER TWO
New friends

THE MORNING SUN SHOWN THROUGH THE THIN BLINDS OF THE ROOM, a groan echoing around the space and doing absolutely nothing to ward off the sun's attack.

Checking his alarm, the tattooed boy panicked noticing that he had half an hour before school starts.

"SHIT!"

Quickly getting dressed in some ripped black jeans and a random band shirt that didn't smell like week old pizza, he rushed into the kitchen, mid brushing his teeth. Throwing his toothbrush in the sink and throwing on some tattered black vans, washing the minty taste down with some flat coke. Cj grabbed his favourite leather jacket and bike helmet, rushing out the door. Locking it, abandoning the alarm, figuring that no one would rob him seeing as he has nothing good to rob. He jumps onto the flame patterned bike and was about to set off when he heard a frustrated yell.

"Fucking- fuck!"

The yell stops Cj. Looking across the small opening between trailers, seeing a boy with long hair attempting to start an old looking van. He gets out after failing and kicks the wheel. Chucking a bag on the floor, and punching the wooden post of his porch.

Noticing the denim and leather jacket clad in patches, the young biker figures this would be a good chance to make a like-minded friend.

"Hey!"

The long haired teen looks over at the helmet clad boy, seeing a small wave was signalling him over.

"You at Hawkins High?"

"Er.. yeah." He nods, dragging his bag on the floor as he walks over, a chain rattling from his waist.

"Want a lift?" Cj points to the back of  bike, the cruiser having plenty of space for another rider. He looks a little suspiciously, not saying anything. Cj rolled his steel eyes from under the darkened visor, taking it off to introduce himself. "I'm Fi- ehem, Cj Rhodes... I'm starting at Hawkins today."

He nods, his hair bouncing a bit. "I'm Eddie Munson, you have another helmet?"

"Yeah in the back." A quick gesture to the carrier on the bike and he pulls out a smaller helmet. It was checkered and wasn't a full head helmet like the matt black one that Cj adorned.

The blonde boy laughed a little at the way Eddie's hair puffed out at the bottom of the helmet, before placing his own back over his head.

"Hold on tight!"

At first he doesn't do anything, but as soon as the bike lurched forwards Eddie had shrieked, Cj laughing at how he scrambled to grab at his waist. It took the two of them all of ten minutes to get to the high-school, although Eddie kept yelling along the way to slow down.

When the bike pulled into the school, all eyes were on the two and Eddie couldn't help but be a little nervous for the blonde boy. Whether it was because he was literally gripping his waist and shouting about how terrifying that ride was, or whether it was due to the fact that Cj was the only person who had a motorbike, he couldn't quite tell, but then again he also didn't care.

"Oh stop whining, you got here on time didn't you?" Cj laughed, taking off his ebony helmet and running a hand through his bleached hair, pushing it out of his face on habit. His single earring caught in the light of the sun, the silver twinkling slightly.

"Yeah whatever... Next time we'll be taking my van." Eddie grumbled, taking off the checkered helmet and placing it back in the carrier case. Eddie had let his small anxieties disperse as he had seen how Cj had reacted to the eyes on him. He didn't want to be the reason the blonde had a shit year, yet the lack of care the young punk portrayed gave him some comfort that he wasn't going to be that reason.