The Best Prank

Subaru was writhing in his cell after another visit by Felix and Julius and the other knights.

No matter how many times he has begged and cried and yelled. They would not believe him. They used all forms of torture on him to get him to spill out information that he never possessed.

The worst was by far Felix's torture. He would boil all of his nerves and smile as he started to heal them back up only to fry them again. While yelling.

"Tell me how to fix Crusch-sama! Tell me what the Cult is planning! Speak Cultist!"

"GAAAAHHHH!...I-I'm not a part of them...How many ti-AAARGHHHH! STOP PLEASE! I SWEAR I'M INNOCENT!"

"The more nyou resist the more this will hurt, Pride." Smiling in a cruel way as he healed him fully. Before doing the same line of questioning.

Then it would be Julius' turn where he would mostly just break his bones, it wasn't as bad as Felix but it'd still hurt. Starting with his hands, finger by finger. Then moving on to his toes. Then his wrists, elbows, ankles, knees, and so on.

"Archbishop of Pride, I will ask you once more. Give me the knowledge I seek to restore my identity and that of the man who looks like myself who suffers from the sleeping beauty syndrome. Do that and all of this will end."

"I don't... I don't know...ARGHH!..haah,haah... I'm.. I'm not! AHH! I'M NOT PRIDE GODDAMMIT! I'M INNOCENT!"

Every day For the first 3 weeks, all Subaru could do was beg and plead for them but nothing worked. He even tried killing himself but his save point would always return him back to this hell. There was no escape no matter how hard he tried and no matter how much he begged and tried reasoning with the knights.

After the third week of this hell, his eyes completely lost their shine. He started begging for the release of death now rather than escaping out of the cell.

Every day his thought would be:

'Is this the day I finally die? I really want to die. Please kill me. Please release me. Mom, Dad... I really want to see you again... I hope I get to see you when I die.'

But nothing happened.

------------------------------------------------------------

-2 months later-

Time passed by very slowly for Subaru. It was so slow that he didn't even know how long he has spent here. And in all that time nothing has changed.

He kept wanting to die a final death by any means necessary, in order to avoid this hell. He could feel his grip on sanity loosen up further and further with each passing day. The torture continued the same, the pain never once stopped and dying wasn't a relief either. The loneliness of his cell was as bad as any of their torture.

In a last ditch effort to keep his sanity and reignite his broken hope. He began to pray for all the gods in the hopes that one of them answer his prayers. Every day he would pray for a god from Japan. No answer came.

Moving on to the deities from other civilizations.

'Zeus'

'Freya'

'Osiris'

'Ishtar'

'Please. Please. Kill me. Take me away from this hell. Please.'

No answer. Even when he started praying for the gods who resided over death and the afterlife.

'Hades'