Chapter 1: Little Rain

Even though they were Yin and Yang, Jay still had a hard time trying to ask Nya to marry him. Sure, she showed that she was more than excited to be his Yang, but marriage was a whole different thing, wasn't it?

Maybe, it was. Maybe, it wasn't.

Technically speaking, Jay only popped the question to Nya in a life-death situation where if he didn't ask at that very moment then there wouldn't be another time to do so. As Kai said so, he really needed to work on his sense of timing. And it was currently peaceful in Ninjago. Really, pretty much a miracle in a way.

They defeated the Overlord a few months ago and Jay — along with Kai, Cole, and Zane — all lost their powers. At first, it was unusual and annoying. At times they forgot that they were powerless and when they tried to use their powers, it didn't work. Only after that did they remember that they sacrificed their powers to the Golden Dragon that destroyed the Overlord.

Back to the topic of proposing- Yes, Jay was planning to propose to Nya. To be husband and wife.

Wow, was it scary to even think of asking. Though he shouldn't worry. He got Nya back, he should be grateful he even has the chance to ask now. And he was. But he couldn't help but get cold feet every time he even thought of asking.

Jay snuck his hands into the pockets of his navy coat and fiddled with the small ring that he had hidden in it. Caressing the tiny diamond of the ring, he looked at Nya who was smiling as she looked around at the city, a content look on her face. Meanwhile, he frowned.

Nya had a hand brushing the strands of her black hair that was up in its usual ponytail while her arm was hooked around Jay's. They were walking through Ninjago City right now. No plan, no evil lurking anywhere, thankfully. Enjoying the view of the peaceful streets, vehicles vroomed past them, paper kids on their bikes passing every now and then, throwing their newspapers around to the people who waved to them.

"Something on your mind, Jay?" He almost jumped hearing Nya's voice speak up so suddenly.

He stuttered over his words, not exactly knowing what to tell her, "Eh- Uh, um- No, no. I'm fine, everything's all good." He gave her a thumbs up with his free hand and a smile that Nya always deemed cute.

Her features twisted, unconvinced, but she shrugged her shoulders and nodded, "Okay. If you need anything, I'll always be here to listen."

"Y-Yeah! Of course. Me too." He shoved his hand back into the pocket, "Thanks."

"Any time."

As they continued their journey through the busy but peaceful streets, the sky gave out a loud rumble and the clouds above them turned into a dark grey, indicating the change in the weather. When the droplets of water came down one after the other, the citizens around them started taking cover; some pulled their hoods on, some took shelter inside buildings, and others simply took out their umbrellas.

Luckily, Nya was prepared for anything water related and held her hands over her head, letting out a small grunt. The rain no longer hit the couple's heads. Jay looked up at the darkened clouds as he was shielded from getting hit. He pulled up his coat's hood and looked at Nya, opening the side of the coat to let her hide underneath it. She gladly did so, letting go of her hold on the rain.

"You didn't bring your coat?" Jay hugged her as they both ran towards their designated location.

"I didn't count on it to rain. The weather forecast didn't say anything about it earlier." She accepted his embrace, snuggling into the warmth of his body.