Love+Time=Hate Hate+Guilt=That Dumb Pink Plus? Chp.17

chapter 17- Time With You-

I walked down the unfamiliar hallway. As i read each and every neon on colored sticky note on the wall, i had an odd recognition of my surroundings. Twins. A new house. A new car. Different laid out kitchen. I had an appointment on the 3rd. And I wrote numbers on some of them too. When i'd found my way into the kitchen, Quinn was bottle feeding two twin boys. They laid in their cradles, and he hoisted up their bottles. How loving. And the boys look just like their fathers.

"Good morning baby. You saw the sticky notes?"

"How could i not? They're bright neon colors. I would have to be completely blind to not look at them."

"I'm glad that they worked. You were so worried they wouldn't work. You've always been. You're so cute about it too."

"What are their names?"

"That sticky note must have fallen down. They're names are Ashton and Avery."

"Those are white boy names."

"I am white honey."

"But look at them, they have that gorgeous caramel shaded Hispanic skin. Not your pasty white."

"I'm not pasty. I have a nice tan right now. Anyways they have my eyes and my hair. So don't hate."

"Well when we plan the next one, i'll make a bet with you. It'll come out looking just like me. "

"The next one? Wow. I've never heard you speak like that! I'm shocked honey!"

"I guess. How old are they?"

"Three months as of yesterday."

"They're so tiny."

"They're going to be tall like their father."

"Or short like their mother. I wouldn't mind that."

"Come here baby."

"I don't want to sit on the floor."

"Just come plop your butt in my lap, and watch our kids eat with me."

I did just as he'd requested. And it felt so right, sitting there in his lap, watching our twins drink their milk. I felt like i'd done it a million times before. I knew i'd do it a million times again. And every time will feel new. I won't ever get too tired, or too stressed. Everyday was going to be brand new for me. At least till i can kick this Amnesia. If i ever can. I'll try though. I have to be the best possible mother for my children.

"Quinn?"

"Yes baby?"

"When do you leave?"

"A bit after their first birthday. If i'm lucky i'll be in some sort of action over in Saudi Arabia. If not i'll have to patrol or help strengthen the military of some country. I should be back in no time. it just depends on how long they'll need me. but i promise i'll write everyday. And i will try and call to speak to my boys."

"Let's not worry about it right now. I kind of want to savor the time i have with you. I have nine more months with you."

"Yeah. Look baby, i was thinking that the little ones would need a trouper to help them out. So i got my eye on this gorgeous husky. I mean this puppy is the cutest thing ever. If i get it, it'll be a gift from me to you.Would you mind taking care of a puppy?"

"No. Of course i wouldn't mind."

"Good. Do you want something to eat?"

"Sure."

"Put the twins in bed okay? Darleen is coming by a little later to babysit."

"What for?"

"Well, you and i made a reservation at this completely amazing restaurant."