vii. BOBA !

LUZIA LETS OUT A PANICKED SCREAM as she hears faint knocking from her hotel room door. She knew it was João knocking, hence the panic. She takes one last look in the mirror and throws up a peace sign as she checks over her outfit.

She wore white and pink low waisted baggy jeans with a white crop tank top. She curled her blonde hair and of course she had on her glitter makeup.

"You got this Luz. You totally got this." She keeps repeating to herself as she heads to the door. She opens it and sees João standing in front of her wearing a simple white button up and black shorts.

"Hi." Luzia widely smiles as she steps out of her room, shutting the door behind her.

"Hi." João replies, smiling back at her. "You ready to go?"

"Yes. Looks wise? I am, Mentally? I'm not."

"I'll try not to make you too nervous, linda." João jokes as they both head to the elevator. Luzia playfully rolls her eyes in response as she lightly hits his arm.

"Okay, says the one who got all flustered over being called pretty boy." She teases as she presses the button in the elevator.

He throws his hands up in defense. "Sorry, Can't help it when a pretty girl calls me pretty."

"Hey! You said you won't make me nervous today." She pouts, crossing her arms over her chest.

"My apologies, anjo." João gives her a smile as he pokes her pink cheeks. "Pink suits you." He compliments as they both made their way out of the lobby.

Luzia lets out a small tsk and shakes her head, "It suits you too, such a shame I couldn't see you blush when I called you a pretty boy."

João lets out a chuckle, looking down at the blonde, "You won't let that go, won't you?"

"Never, Jo, never!"

She smiles up at him as he opens the car door for her. Soon enough, they were heading to a local market. Due to the World Cup, people from many different countries were visiting. An international market had opened that sold many different types of food and other items. João remembers how Luzia mentioned once that she wanted to go, so he decided to take her there.

Their night was filled with laughter and joy as they tried different types of food. João made sure Luzia tried Portuguese food and she made sure that he tried Korean and Brazilian food.

Surprisingly, it was a chilly night with breeze. Luzia forgot a sweater since she assumes that it would be warm enough to not have one. João luckily had an extra black sweater in his car and the moment he offered it to her, she immediately agreed and took the jacket.

They decided to end their night by stopping at a boba tea place. Luckily, it was late at night and a wednesday, so there wasn't a lot of people meaning Luzia felt more at ease.

They were both sitting in the farthest corner of the shop with milk tea in their hands. "Today was so fun, João. Thank you, truly." Luzia quietly says, resting her head on his shoulder as she wrapped his sweater tightly around herself.

"I enjoyed today too, anjo," João replies as he twirls a strand of her blonde locks around his finger, "I hope to have more of these dates whenever we can once the World Cup is over."

Luzia gives him a sad smile and nods in reply. "Hopefully I'll be allowed to travel to Spain or
something. Depends if I'll get a modeling gig or something else there or not."

"Hey, you should come watch me play with Atlético Madrid." He suggests to her. She sits up and looks at him, squinting her eyes.

"I'll cheer for the opposing team."