nineteen

*TWO YEARS AFTER*

I walk with pride in the empty building, even though I'm still finding the reason why we're here on a holiday, instead of just staying home and watching old series that I miss. I play with the band on my left finger, turning it around because it's a bit larger than the size of my finger. I look at my left hand and see the ring on my finger.

Logan finally had the guts to ask me last year, six months after his company party, where our private accident happen. He asked help from Alec and decided to handle a small party with the people we love the most and he popped the question. It was simple, but I don't care on how fancy or not the engagement, because with ever single day I'm with him, it's like a blessing for me.

The wedding. The wedding was special because everything I wanted as a child happened. Hadley got a hold of my diaries when I was little, where my dream wedding and dress was described. Everything was perfect. I got my dream dress and dream wedding with the man I never knew would love me.

I barge in Logan's office and cross my hands in front of me, infuriated. We should be cuddling on the couch and watching How I Met Your Mother, however, we're here in this building.

"Are you done?" I ask, finding him holding few folders, putting on the table, wherein there's a sea of folders on it. "It's Labor Day for Pete's sake, Logan. We should be at home."

"This is important, Margo," he replies, sighing. Logan stands up and heads for the door, where I lean on the threshold to stop him from going anywhere. "Finally, Mr. Tatsuya got interested with the company and I don't want to let go of the chance to give him the partnership my parents wanted ever since. Although, you can go home, if you want."

"I'll wait for you," I say, giving in, of course. He stops in front of me and smiles, giving me a peck in the lips.

"I promise this will be fast," he says. "I'm just going to get a file from Rhea's office and we're heading off." I make way and he speeds of to Rhea's office. Taking in his messy table, I collect all messy folders and neatly stack them on his table. I take his phone and slip it on my pocket.

After separating the folders he needs, I head to the huge window he has. The office building is made of glass and it's a bit scary where somebody accidentally breaks the windows. Hearing horns down the street, I look at the view down below. I touch the glass, smiling and reminiscing everything happened after the accident. I'm thankful, especially now, I'm married to Logan.

I hear the door open and I straighten my clothes. I turn and expecting to see Logan, although, I see her; the woman who destroyed everything from the start.

Ashley.

"What are you doing here?" I exclaim, clutching my chest in surprise. I notice that her hands are hidden at her back, where she locks the door ever-so quietly, making me shiver in fright. Ashley reveals her right hand, where a knife is found.

"Where's Logan?" I squeak and she laughs in response. It's not any funny laugh; it's evil and insane. "Logan!" I scream for him in fright, afraid of what's to come.

"Oh, poor Bethany," Ashley says, sneering. "She doesn't know where to go."

"Let go of that knife, psycho," I say, finding  anything to defend myself with.

"Oh this little knife," she replies, playing with the knife, gripping on the handle. "I'm going to get this lodged inside you."

"Ashley, stop," I plead.

"No," she screams, making me wince. "This is a once in a lifetime chance to finally kill you after what you've done to me."

"I didn't do anything to you," I object at her reason. I slowly back away and with every small step I take, she walks forward. "You destroyed my life, Ashley. You have no right to tell me I destroyed my life because you slept with Jamie, when I was with him."