four - 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗀𝖾

004.
𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗀𝖾

Her breath quickens as reality steps in and she looks at herself. The gown she was wearing was white, her arms, chest and neck was covered.

Lucaena feels tears form in her eyes. She doesn't want this. She longs to run away to Essos and hide where Aegon could never find her.

She was getting married to the man who murdered her mother.

"Lucaena,"

She stiffens at the sound of her name. She could scarcely recognize it.

"Are you ready?"

She does not answer him. Tears fall down her face.

"Luceana. Are you ready?"

No.

"Yes," she whispers weakly, her face planted to the ground. I don't want to do this.

Aegon brings his arm out for her, and she took it. Together they walk out of the chambers to the great hall.

She was met by stares, some were sneering, others held pity in their gazes. She hates it. She knows what they all think.

Bastard Queen.

Why should a bastard be our queen?

But they knew the truth as well as she knew it,

she was the last black left. Marrying Aegon made sure there wouldn't be any uprising.

As she sees the septon stand tall before the iron throne, her grip of Aegon's forearm began to slip.

She wanted to run.

She stiffens when she felt Aegon tightening his grip.

Soon enough, they were saying their vows, pledging their love, swearing to be faithful.

They both knew that to be a lie.

━━━━━━━━

Lucaena sits stiff in her chair, poking at the food in front of her. No one had spoken to her since the morning, and Aegon hadn't tried to.

She was glad he didn't.

"Your grace," a small voice interrupts her thoughts.

She looks to her side to see Jaehaera. Her gaze softens when her eyes land on her.

She had lost a mother and her brother was murdered in front of her.

Lucaena notices the look Aegon sends their way, a small grin attached on his lips.

She knows what it is.

She can't be a mother.

Not now.

She can't be the mother Jaehaera needs. If he wanted one, he shouldn't have married her.