01 Reporting The Attack

[Taking place after the movie Dune: Part One, which is slightly different than the book]

Dune Part One screenplay available here:  www.scriptslug.com/assets/scripts/dune-2021.pdf 

Kynes said to Paul and Jessica, "I'll get to the next station and report this attack to the Landsraad."

With two heavy lumbering Sardaukar trailing on his heels, a young Fremen (Why not actor/singer Jordan Fisher?) raced through a maze of narrow underground rock tunnels connected to the old Ecological Testing Station

With two heavy lumbering Sardaukar trailing on his heels, a young Fremen (Why not actor/singer Jordan Fisher?) raced through a maze of narrow underground rock tunnels connected to the old Ecological Testing Station. He went right, then left, then left again. 

He had helped at the facility keeping the storeroom organized for many years, so he knew his way through the maze that formed a secret escape way behind the Station's laboratories and facilities. Although the Sardaukar did not know the way, and at times vanished from view, he could not seem to lose them. He would lose them on the short turns but they would show up again behind him on the long stretches. Always coming, determined to end him.

As he ran, he was repeatedly mumbling the message Dr. Leit Kynes (actress Sharon Duncan-Brewster) had given him to report to the Landsraad, willing himself not to forget the words, "Duke dead. Emperor's Sardaukar and Harkonnen attacked. Paul and Jessica stranded. Find Stilgar at Sietch Tabr." 

The chase continued around several dozen more turns. Somehow the older men in large white cumbersome helmeted suits never seemed to grow exhausted. Though the muscles in his own legs burned with exhaustion, the young man knew he was close to his destination. With pure determination, he threw himself into one last sprint and bolted down the final long corridor toward the communications room at the end. 

As he threw open the heavy solid metal door with his lungs heaving, he saw the Sardaukar round the corner and start down the long corridor toward him. He cursed to himself when he saw that the metal door had no lock on it. There was no time left. The room was at a dead end. He would not make it out alive.

Without missing a beat, he rushed to the communications console and flipped on the microphone and punched the coordinates, shouting his message as quickly as he could. Did it go through? The microphone beeped and hissed and then an open line connected. He tried again, "Duke Leto dead. Emperor's Sardaukar and Harokonnen attacked Arrakis!"

And then the Sardaukar were upon him, slashing with their swords. And all went black. 

Only part of his message made it out.

This is actor, singer Jordan Fisher. Sorry you had to die, Jordan. But you got in Dune 2! :P

 But you got in Dune 2! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's comments: 

This opening section is short but I had to start with an intro to connect the Dune movie to this story. Expect regular pages to be longer.

Will be editing and correcting as I go. I welcome requests and ideas of which direction you want the story to turn or which pairing you want to see get more time. If you want me to add your favorite actor, feel free to request.

ONLY accepting positive constructive comments please, as I suffer from severe anxiety.

———————-
Please vote if you like Timothee! 

Please vote if you like Austin!

Please vote if you are interested in this story! 

Thank you so much!