Chapter II

Gemma's alarm clock went off. She lifted her hand and smacked the button before getting up and rubbing her eyes. She pushed herself off from her bed and head towards her bathroom. Gemma never thought of having her own bathroom until now. She closed the door behind her, locking it before getting undressed to shower.

Gemma pulled her shirt over before grabbing her coat and heading out from her room to the Cafeteria. Avyanna appeared from her room. "Morning, dear," she greeted.
       "Morning!" Gemma smiled.
       "You going to get breakfast?" Avyanna questioned. Gemma nodded. "Be careful with the crowd."
       "I will!" Gemma said before continuing out from the dorm room.

       Chattered filled the main lobby. Gemma stepped down the stairs and into the herd of students. She followed them down into the cafeteria. Students sat in their areas. Gemma hurried over to the beginner ranks and sat in an empty spot. As everyone settled, server bots appeared from the kitchen's and pushed carts in front of them, mazing through the tables. Gemma watched. "Hey, may I sit here?" a young girl asked.
       Gemma looked up at the girl and nodded. "Thanks," the girl said. "I'm Maviah."
       "I'm Gemma, Gemma Hill," Gemma responded back.
       "I heard about you, your headmaster Avyanna's adopted daughter!" Maviah said. A server came up and placed large plates on the table and cups in front of them both before filling it with grape juice and drove off. Gemma began serving herself.

~~~~~~~~~

       Gemma and Maviah walked down the hallway to spell casting class in the Socery Hall. They both entered the class room first. They both sat in the front. More students filled in and sat in the other empty seats. The bell chimed and chattered quickly silenced. "Morning little angels!" The teacher greeted as she lowered from her swing.
       "Who's she's?" Gemma whispered to Maviah.
       "I'm Ms.Grant, you may call me Ms.G for short," Ms.Grant smiled to the students. Children applauded. She bowed.
         "Alright, alright," she said. "Our first lesson: basic of magic and the roots of it. Magic was discovered before the revolution. The ground people knew about the existence of it and learned to use it. After a while the ground people used too much of it. The godly people were afraid for a rebellion and took it away." Ms.Grant projected images of paints between the ground people and godly people. She continued on with the history.

       "Now to the rules: you cannot use it for popularity, messing around, or making a mess. You can only use it for here or anywhere else that allows it," Ms.Grant explained. "Understood?!"
       All the students nod.
       "Good," she smiled. The bell rang. "I guess I'll see you all tomorrow. Good day to you all, little angels!!!"
       Gemma and Maviah walked from the class and out from Sorcery Hall. They walked to History Hall. A young male teacher greeted students as they entered his classroom. They both enter and greeted the male teacher. He closed the door behind him, the room fell silent. He walked up to the front of the room. "I'm Mr.Logan, your History teacher," he introduced himself. "You all ready for History?" The students nod.

       "Good. I'll tell you about the existence of Dragons: dragons played a good role for the godly people, protecting them from war and destroying of the ground people and godly people separating them both. A couple of centuries later, immigrants from across Europe fought off the dragons, frightened of them causing the dragons to hide in the clouds, which we all live on now. Historians and other experts still believe the dragons went all extinct as others don't believe in their existence," Mr.Logan explained.
       A student raised their hand. "Can we possibly find the dragons?"
       "No, we aren't allowed, against our government law. And if anyone is caught finding the dragons are returned to the ground lands or banished down there," he replied. "Sorry son."

~~~~~
       The lunch bell rang. Students began to leave Mr.Logan's room. Gemma stood up from her seat and up to his desk. "Find me a seat, Maviah," she told her.
       "Okay," Maviah replied and headed out.
       "Mr.Logan?" Gemma called. "Do you have time for a question?"
       "Sure, I have an answer," Mr.Logan smiled.
       "Do you possibly believe in the existence of dragons- I mean I know I do, but..." Gemma stopped.
       Mr.Logan sighed and turned away, standing up. "I know someone was going to ask me this question." He turned to Gemma. "When I was your age, I believed in the dragons, thought I saw one too." Mr. Logan goes up to one of his drawers and opens it, lifting a black scale out. "I found a scale from a dragon, don't know which one though," he continued. "But my mother didn't believe me when I showed her and said it was just a black shell. To this day, I still want to know what it is."
       "Maybe... we both could possibly figure it out," Gemma suggested.
       ""Figure it out"?" Mr.Logan questioned. He placed the scale back in the drawer and closed it.
       "I mean by figuring what type of dragon it is," Gemma added.
Mr.Logan smiled. He placed his hand onto her shoulder. "Run along now, child, we'll talk about this later. Have a good lunch," he said before letting go.

~~~~
Gemma entered the Cafeteria. Some gets we're already getting settled. She hurried over to Maviah and the rest of the beginner ranks. Maviah leaned over. "Made it on time," she whispered.
"Yeah," Gemma replied back.
"What did you and Mr.Logan talk about?" Maviah asked.
Gemma looked around and whispered to Maviah; "he showed me a black dragon scale. He explained how he believed dragons once existed but his mother didn't believe in him when he was younger."
"Ahh... that sounds awesome!!" Maviah said.
Clouds filled the Cafeteria as chimes started. "Posts arrived for all students!!!" a female voice announced above them. Letters began flapping down from the clouds and traveling to each students. They grabbed the letters from flappers, robotic birds, and excitedly open them.
A couple of letters came down to Gemma. Two from her friends; one from a mysterious person. The first two letters read:

Dear Gemma,

We heard you were invited to Magic Academy. Lilly and I are both so jealous, ha! I hope you have fun and make more friends. We wish you could write us back.

Your best friends,
Lilly and May

       Gemma smiled. She placed the letter down and picked the other one up. "Who's this from?" Maviah pointed to the other letter in Gypsy's hand.
      "I do not know," Gemma answered. "Some unknown sender." She ripped it out and read it.
       "So... what does it say?" Maviah asked. Gemma didn't respond. She got up. And began slowly walking out from the cafeteria. "Wait! Where you going?!" Maviah asked, worriedly.
       "I have to show this to Avyanna!" Gemma shouted.
       "Why?!" Maviah wondered.
       "I just need to!" Gemma replied back. Maviah ran after her.