Chapter 1

*Michael*

Today is the day that I am staying over at my close friend Franks house, and taking care of his daughter Raven while Frank goes on an overseas business trip.

"Alright, boy." Frank hits me on the arm. "You'll be staying in this beauty." He laughs as he gestures to his pretty big house.

"Cool." I chuckle, putting my bags up next to the door.

Then Frank looks at me with a blank expression. "...Oh right!"

I arch an eyebrow. "Yeah..?"

"My daughter, Raven. She's probably in her room on her little phone." Frank laughs and scratches his stomach.

"Okay." I say, shuffling my feet.

"How bout I get the child down here and I'll bring us a few drinks before I hit the road." He says, walking up the stairs and opens Ravens door.

"Ray, my friend Michael's here. Come down please and be social."

I walk over to the kitchen table and take a seat, waiting for their appearance. Then his daughter, Raven walks in after Frank. And I'll tell you what, she's one fine looking 17 year old.

"Raven, Mr. Jackson." Frank says, introducing me to her.

I show a small smile and extend my arm to shake. "Hello, Raven. Your father talks about you all the time. He says you're a wonderful child."

She takes my hand and shakes it. "More like a mistake child," then she looks to Frank and gives him a fake smile, "but thanks for bragging about me."

Then Frank hits her in the arm and she laughs as she sits down. "Attitude, Ray!"

I laugh and look at Frank. "Don't worry about it, she's just a teen."

Raven laughs and claps her hands. "Thank you, Mr. Jackson. Dad, you should listen to your little friend here more often!"

"A teen who needs some discipline." He says and goes into the kitchen.

Damn, this is the meanest Frank I've seen.

I look at Raven's outfit, ripped jean short shorts then to her tie-dyed t-shirt.

"Can I leave now? No ones really talking.." Raven said as she played with her hair.

"You gotta phone missy, don't you?" Frank snaps.

"Didn't you just tell me to be social?" Raven gets up from her seat and walks away.

She may be 17 but her walk is like she's older than that...

"Damn.." I whisper, under my breath.

"Now, we can talk now that she's somewhere else." Frank hands me a glass of wine and takes a seat.

---

"Bye dad, don't sink!" Raven jokes and gives Frank a hug.

"Bye, Frank." I wave.

"I'm not going to sink, bye guys." Frank said, getting into his limo and drives off.

A few minutes later, I sit on the couch and stare into space, and Raven comes and sits on the other end, leaving the middle open for her feet.

She starts going on her phone and stuff, I'm not too worried about a 17 year old girl. But since this is an awkward silence, my shy self decides to break it.

"Um.." I run a hand through my curls and look at her. "How do you do?" I ask with a small smile.

She lowers her phone and looks at me. "How do I do what?"